Skip to content

How do you optimize Dorn’s quest?

I can’t remember the names, but I remember there being different outcomes based on who you kill, and possibly other things.

I’m looking forward to an evil run through and I’d like him to be a big part of that.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    There are three main choices at the tree.
    - Summon Azothet first and kill her. Ur-Gothoz gives you the mask (a very good item) and Dorn keeps his powers. The best outcome for quest rewards, though not for character development.
    - Summon Ur-Gothoz first and kill him, then play nice with Azothet. Dorn keeps his powers, but you don't get the mask.
    - Summon Ur-Gothoz first and kill him, then kill Azothet. Dorn loses his powers and you don't get the mask, but at least he's "free".

If you're not keeping Dorn around long-term, it doesn't matter whether he has his powers at this point. The version summoned by the Fate Spirit will be a fully functional blackguard.

I'm considering building a mod around this, making the rewards more uniform (you would get the mask either as a drop from Ur-Gothoz or as a gift) and also offering ways for Dorn to get his powers back by making a new bargain.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,326
    I gotta admit I was a bit disappointed by the way Dorn's personal quest in SoA concludes. It does feel very much like he's right back to square one in terms of character development. I would have preferred it if you convinced Dorn to betray them both, this also alters his romance so that he transfers his loyalty and devotion to you primarily, and thus gives you the only possible way of winding up with a "happy ending" where you don't end up betraying and killing each other.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    One of the options in that mod I'm thinking of building would be that in ToB, the Bhaalspawn has accumulated enough divine power to serve as a patron and grant Dorn's powers. In which case he literally agrees to serve you, with the perk that he'll no longer leave due to reputation.