Skip to content

Any spells from this game make enemies frozen solid in ice?

I love to be an ice mage from rpg games. The title said its all

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've frozen enemies from wands of frost before. Off the top of my head, I can't recall which spell that's using. Maybe take a look at cone of cold's spell description? Icelance as well, if its in BG2 (might have been an Icewind Dale spell).

Be aware that frozen enemies won't drop loot.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'm pretty sure Cone of Cold has that effect. Not so sure about Ice Storm since I almost never use it. Ditto Chill Touch...
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Anything that deals 10 or more cold damage is capable, it's a result of reducing an enemy to -9 HP (or a player to -20).

Nothing that intentionally freezes though.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Right, it is just a on death effect (not a good one because of the loot thing). It is not a CC like in so many modern games.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited September 2021
    Ice Storm yes. I stopped using it recently after Celestial Fury in the hands of an enemy went the way of the buffalo…

Also, back in the day Fireballs used to destroy equipment carried by enemies, at least in the BG1 original. Not sure what the state is now, but I haven't lost any equipment this way using Fire-related spells in the enhanced editions.
    Post edited by Dharius on
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,570
    Ya as others here said, you get a frozen statue death, sort of akin to petrification effect. You can then gib the "statue". But there's no frozen-stun or frozen-slowed effect like in Original Sin or Diablo games.

There are plenty of stunning and slow spells. So you can still make this theme work by filling your spellbook with cold damage spells and things like third level Slow (a great spell anyways), Hold person, hold monster, and number of others.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I remember disabling gore stops items being destroyed when the enemy is frozen.
    ...I think...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    lroumen wrote: »
    I remember disabling gore stops items being destroyed when the enemy is frozen.
    ...I think...

Actually you're right, it does. It disables the *chunk* animation, which is apparently the trigger for frozen and stoned enemies. It does look kind of weird when the stature stumbles and falls though.