Skip to content

What character building role play concepts do you like?

I had a wild thought that an assassin dual classed to necromancer would not only be a ton of fun, but also the kind of person I would like to read in a fantasy novel. Someone who feels kind of shitty about his past choices of doing assassin things who has no faith or opportunity to go into priesthood, so chooses the mage way of playing with life and death.

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    No matter what I conceptualize, the power-gamer in me always takes over and I wind up playing Superman... ?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I love hybrids and multiclasses, usually illegal combos for BG though. Especially mixing bards in. Piedpiper style druid/bard being my "canon" charname.
  • FaralethFaraleth Member Posts: 1
    Lawful Neutral Halfling bard.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    My favourite character to roleplay in Baldur's Gate was a half-orc swashbuckler named Drogo the Dandy. He aspired to be the finest swordsman on the Sword Coast and the epitome of wit and grace. But he was rather hampered by his lack of charisma: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80676/soloing-as-a-swashbuckler-the-adventures-of-drogo-the-dandy/p1
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    lollers wrote: »
    I had a wild thought that an assassin dual classed to necromancer would not only be a ton of fun, but also the kind of person I would like to read in a fantasy novel. Someone who feels kind of shitty about his past choices of doing assassin things who has no faith or opportunity to go into priesthood, so chooses the mage way of playing with life and death.

Dual an Assassin to Mage and restrict learnt spells to the necromancy school in order to get a pure Assassin/Necromancer. ?