Skip to content

Issue with name & hit points display when "revealing details"

Hi everyone,

It seems there might be an issue that I haven't encountered a few months ago when the "revealing details" option is activated (the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right of the screen).

Issue:

- When the option is activated, the name and hit points of each character are now off centered (leaning towards the left) when zooming in.
- When zooming out, this information is now totally overlapping with and hiding the characters.

I am quite certain it was not the case a few months ago. I would add that I am playing with the 2.6.6.0 unmodded version.

I checked other versions by reverting to versions 2.5 and 1.3, with and without Siege of Dragonspear installed, and I still face the same issue.

I just watched a few BGEE walkthrough videos on Youtube which seemed to show either version 2.5 or version 2.6, and the issue did not seem to appear.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this matter.

Thank you.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I see two changes between v2.3 and v2.5
    v2.3:
    • Textbox and text are both centered.
    • Text scales with zoom level.
    v2.5 - v2.6:
    • Textbox is left-aligned with the character.
    • The text itself is still centered within the textbox.
    • Text size is constant regardless of zoom level. (this is causing the overlapping - otherwise the text becomes too small to read as you zoom out)
  • RenaudRenaud Member Posts: 2
    kjeron wrote: »
    I see two changes between v2.3 and v2.5
    v2.3:
    • Textbox and text are both centered.
    • Text scales with zoom level.
    v2.5 - v2.6:
    • Textbox is left-aligned with the character.
    • The text itself is still centered within the textbox.
    • Text size is constant regardless of zoom level. (this is causing the overlapping - otherwise the text becomes too small to read as you zoom out)

Hi Kjeron, thanks a lot for your reply!

That must be some kind of trivial issue for most but as I always activate the "revealing details" option and often play with the zoom out, the overlapping tends to be annoying.