Skip to content

Am I misremembering?

I have got Dynaheir in my party for the first time in ages and it has been fun hearing the impatient, supercilious tone in which she addresses everyone (superb work by Jennifer Hale). However, one of her phrases when selected is "As directed" and every time she says it I hear her voice in my head saying "As directed. For now." Did she used to say this or am I getting her confused with someone else?

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    SBlack wrote: »
    "As directed, for now" is Edwin's line

I really shouldn't get those two mixed up. Neither of them would take it as a compliment.
    I just managed to get Dynaheir killed (we got ambushed by ettercaps in Cloakwood Forest and she got caught in a web). The only mage available to replace her is Edwin so I will get to hear "As directed, for now" after all.
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    You know what I recall? I thought some of the kobolds in the mine were the kind that blew up if they got too close. Am I remembering this wrong?
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    jmerry wrote: »
    The only exploding kobolds in these games are the "Kamikaze Kobold" minions of the Rukh Transmuter in the cave entrance to Firkraag's lair (Windspear Hills, SoA). There certainly aren't any in Nashkel.

Currently, yes. But what about the cd version? I swear the mine had kamikazes.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    bdtgazo wrote: »
    The only exploding kobolds in these games are the "Kamikaze Kobold" minions of the Rukh Transmuter in the cave entrance to Firkraag's lair (Windspear Hills, SoA). There certainly aren't any in Nashkel.

Maybe you're mistaking the kobold 'commandos' for kamikazes. They don't explode but they do shoot nasty, +3 flaming arrows at you!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    +2 flaming arrows, but what's a point of enchantment and damage among friends? They can still deal up to 14 damage in one hit, even without a critical hit.

Then, eventually, you can afford to buy those arrows yourself...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    There was a mod (maybe hard times?) that put them in the mines though.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    bdtgazo wrote: »

Still have the cds, no exploding kobolds I'm afraid.
    edited September 2021
    I found another thing I may be misremembering. I just returned to Candlekeep and spoke to Koveras . He was dressed like a fighter in no armour and I could have sworn he originally wore a hooded robe of the kind that Parda and the tutors wear. Is my memory playing tricks on me again?
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    I found another thing I may be misremembering. I just returned to Candlekeep and spoke to Koveras . He was dressed like a fighter in no armour and I could have sworn he originally wore a hooded robe of the kind that Parda and the tutors wear. Is my memory playing tricks on me again?

That one I agree with you on. I remember a robed figure too...
    edited September 2021
    Tricks. If you search for koveras pictures and look at the ones with the stone menu then he shows as a male human in leather type armor if I spot that correctly. Not robes at least.
    8150q1igtdfe.jpg
    That's a modded install. I'd guess either TuTu or BGT. Those don't specifically change character models around, but its possible.

Oddly, I also remember Koveras being robed. I wonder if pre-TotSC had him robed? Or maybe we all just share a hallucination.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i never recalled seeing koveras in a robe in vanilla, although i believe i never made it to chapter 6 until i had TotSC installed
    Alright, mass hallucination it was. Also, those BG1 walking speeds, holy carp.
    It's weird the way the memory plays tricks on you because when SoD first came out and I saw the Hooded Man I thought that's odd, he looks just like Koveras - is Irenicus doing some kind of Sarevok tribute act?
    In Bg1 they made pretty much all useful npcs distinct from the commoners and monks. That is probably why I do not remember him in drapes.