Skip to content

Sound options: Separate sliders for battle music and ambient music

ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
After speaking with fellow Baldur's Gate fans, I found a common annoyance was the battle music. However, none would turn it off because that would also turn off ambient music, which all love. Also, battle music was perceived as playing much louder than ambient music.

I suggest having separate sliders for the two types of music, this way people who find that battle music plays too loud compared to everything else can set it independently, and those who don't want any battle music can turn it off completely, and still enjoy the beautiful ambient themes.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I like this idea. I never really found the battle music annoying, but it's a neat idea.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Battle music an annoyance? That's first time I've heard about such thing. But, let's have this separate sliders, if they would make anyone happy.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I definitely agree with the battle music being an annoyance. Might be good to know that if you want to manually sort this out you can go to the music folder in your installation directory, create a backup folder there, and move all the numbered folders starting with B (BC1, BC2, BD1, BD2, BD3, etc) into the backup folder. This will stop the battle music from playing, but keep the ambient sounds.
  • henschensc Member Posts: 3
    Zeckul said:

After speaking with fellow Baldur's Gate fans, I found a common annoyance was the battle music. However, none would turn it off because that would also turn off ambient music, which all love. Also, battle music was perceived as playing much louder than ambient music.

I suggest having separate sliders for the two types of music, this way people who find that battle music plays too loud compared to everything else can set it independently, and those who don't want any battle music can turn it off completely, and still enjoy the beautiful ambient themes.

I just wanted to request the same feature. However, the search function found this discussion so I totally agree here. Seperate volume sliders would be an ideal solution.
    Shin said:

I definitely agree with the battle music being an annoyance. Might be good to know that if you want to manually sort this out you can go to the music folder in your installation directory, create a backup folder there, and move all the numbered folders starting with B (BC1, BC2, BD1, BD2, BD3, etc) into the backup folder. This will stop the battle music from playing, but keep the ambient sounds.

Thanks for the workaround.