Skip to content

Godhood?

I've played through Icewind Dale dozens of times, and this is literally the first time I've ever seen this. It may be that I am just now noticing it and it's always been there, but I thought it was pretty cool nonetheless. Apparently when you reach maximum level, it lists your next level as GODHOOD. Anyone else noticed this neat "easter egg"?

iucyyr6kojvf.jpg

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    It's actually possible to attain it with 100,000,000 XP ? but...

@jmerry "The tables for determining what various levels do only go up to 30 (In IWD; they go to 40 in the BG series). With one exception - the "experience to reach this level" table goes one level farther, to provide the illusion that there's still something out there. And in IWD, the XP number for that has been raised to an unattainable level, so that multi-class characters can reach level 30 in each of their classes without single-class characters overflowing the tables.

If you were to actually take that level 31, bad things would happen. No bonus APR for fighter levels or specialization. Base saves of all zeros. THAC0 of zero. No spell slots. No backstabs. And so on."
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    this was implemented back in the days of vanilla HoW
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Yikes, talk about unobserved. I've failed to notice this for over 20 years!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    aye it is old but kind of funny
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Baptor wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Yikes, talk about unobserved. I've failed to notice this for over 20 years!

You are not alone! I have never gotten that far in the game and do not remember this.