Skip to content

Dualing at the start of Siege of Dragonspear, stupid or no?

So I'm thinking of playing a thief/mage multiclass for the main BG1 campaign, with Imoen as my primary mage.

Since Imoen can't follow me into Siege of Dragonspear, I'm thinking of saving the tome of intelligence, giving it to Safana at the start of SoD, and then immediately dualing her to mage to pick up Imoen's duties.

Reasonable plan of action or completely hair brained scheme that will just be making things more difficult than they need to be?

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    I'd suggest to dual her at level 9 in order to get the maximal 9/11 thief/mage at the end. ?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    If you aren't opposed to mods, I4E lets you keep Imoen, and you can dual her at 10. That lets her come close to maxing out on a few skills.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Maurvir wrote: »
    If you aren't opposed to mods, I4E lets you keep Imoen, and you can dual her at 10. That lets her come close to maxing out on a few skills.

What's I4E?
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Maurvir wrote: »

What's I4E?

I think it's the Imoen 4Ever mod, a mod that essentially keeps her in your party throughout the entire saga, even through SoD and SoA.