Skip to content

Dorn's quest broken (Switch version)

I'm at the end of Dorn's quest and want to resurrect then sacrifice Vernus (as the dialogue options suggest is possible) but there seems to be no way to target him with resurrection spells or the rod.
I can attack him while he's lying there, which results in him saying his first line and then doing nothing. I can sacrifice my party, which I have no desire to do.
Am I missing something, or was this not playtested?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    You can also sacrifice a summoned creature.

As for raising Vernus, this appears to be a casualty of the changes to resurrection spells in patch 2.6. You see, they no longer do anything unless the target is dead - and Vernus technically isn't. Oops.

In older patches, they set a variable which scripts latched onto to raise him, but that doesn't work anymore.

The fix needed would be to move that variable-setting effect from the payload spell back to the primary spell, before the "only if dead" filter.
  • XomipeXomipe Member Posts: 2
    I didn't think of summons, thanks!

Regarding the resurrection, I can try to resurrect any of my living party members and get the message "character is unaffected by resurrection", but there doesn't seem to be any way to even target NPCs - I select the spell (or the rod) and the cursor moves to the portrait list to select a target.
    I know I've raised Vernus before, though not to sacrifice him (he just stands there with nothing to say). But then, I play on a Mac; that cursor thing must be a difference between platforms.
  • glubsittoglubsitto Member Posts: 5
    The same bug happened to me. In PC it's fixable with this console trick found on the wiki:

To workaround this new 2.6.5.0 bug, enable the console, and in game, press CTRL+Spacebar. Paste this in the text field that appears at the bottom of the screen:

C:SetGlobal("ohdress","LOCALS",1)

Then, place the mouse cursor over Vernus and press enter. If he is lying on the ground when you do so, he will be "resurrected".
    For moddable versions of the game, I have a component for this in my tweak mod.