Skip to content

How to have your community module available for EE?

GenisysGenisys Member Posts: 37
Hi everyone, I've rescripted a classic server module Paths of Ascension for Single Player / Offline EE Edition, and I'd like to make it where the NWN community can download the module & play it directly through the Enhanced Edition Community Tab in the actual game, how would I go about doing that?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Probably from being asked by Beamdog? All the modules in the tab seem to be hall of fame modules on Neverwinter Vault. Maybe putting the module there first to get some traction and votes would help?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Certainly, to date, curated modules have been by Beamdog invitation.

I believe it is theoretically possible to package a module in the same format, but then somehow you have to tell players which url to enter, which offers little advantage over the Vault.
  • GenisysGenisys Member Posts: 37
    So, I'd basically have to suck up to Beamdog in order to get them to post the module?

Sucky! :disappointed:

Oh, well, thanks for the tips mates, I will just keep it listed on Facebook then.
    To be fair, no doubt Beamdog have to consider the risk of reputational damage before curating a module, since no matter how clearly it's presented as a fan contribution, some players will look on it as an official endorsement.

Also, it's not practical to show thousands of fan-made modules on one page.

So in addition to showcasing a few modules as a taster, the client also advertises community resources like the Vault, where players can browse at leisure.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited October 2021
    <Edit: I was probably asking a stoopid question>
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 63
    When you do download these modules in your game, where are they stored on your hard drive, does anyone know?
    Awas73 wrote: »
    When you do download these modules in your game, where are they stored on your hard drive, does anyone know?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309774090
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 63
    So it is all locked up under the sqlite files. I want to open these in the toolset. Any idea how I open the only 2 files in nwsync to see these modules? Or is there no way on doing it?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Awas73 wrote: »
    So it is all locked up under the sqlite files. I want to open these in the toolset. Any idea how I open the only 2 files in nwsync to see these modules? Or is there no way on doing it?

You can download them from the Neverwinter Vault via their associated project pages, then load those .mod files in the toolset.