Skip to content

NWN Android crash on loading screen to Charwood

KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
So my game keeps crashing whenever I try to enter Charwood in Act 2.

Are there any fixes for this?

Im running the game on my Xiaomi Redmi S2, never had any problems up to this point. I tried reducing all graphical options to the minimum and it still didnt work.
TheTruth

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Are there any crash log files produced?

Look in Android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/nwmain-crash-

Try using the "X-Plore File Manager" ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore&hl=en&gl=US ) to access them and upload here. Thanks!
    KreatoR
  • KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
    No log was shown but I'll look into it and report it to this thread.
    JuliusBorisov
    === Crash
    This is a report file from a crash you have experienced in NWN:EE
    Please post a bug report for NWN at:

https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/

and attach this file, along with the minidump referenced at the bottom
    of this report. These files can provide us with extra information about your crash.

If you can describe what happened before this crash, or provide
    instructions on how to reproduce this crash, it will help us find
    and fix the problem you experienced. Thank you.

=== Props
    os = android
    target = nwmain
    time = 1623155923
    exception = b
    binaryChecksum = md5=c1cb558a7ad2246e55e9cce53155d1ae
    g_sBuildNumber = 8193
    g_sBuildRevision = 20
    g_sVersionNumber = 1, 0, 0, 0
    g_sGitCommit =
    &GenericCrashHandler = 0x8bd9145c
    === Backtrace
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you attach the dmp file, please? (you would need to zip it first)
    edited June 2021
    Could you tell me the exact location please?

Searched evetywhere but I cant seem to find it.
    Post edited by KreatoR on
    We are seeing you're using an old build. Please make sure to update your game on Google Play. If it still doesn't work, send an updated crash log, please.
    edited June 2021
    Are you sure? No updates seem to be available to me, it says It got updated 2 weeks ago, and this crash only started today...

Edit: my game is definetly updated to the current version for android, just double checked it.
    Post edited by KreatoR on
    You are correct. 20 is the latest public build. We were expecting more data in the crash log. Any chance you omitted the backtrace data from the posting? Sorry for the confusion!

Can you provide a save file so that we could test it in our next internal build?
    Here is the save, I dont understand what omitting the backtrace data means tho.
    JuliusBorisov
    We've tested the save on a new version and can't repro the crash. So either it is fixed in the next build, or it is device/config specific.
    When is the next patch coming?
  • robert_deardorffrobert_deardorff Member Posts: 2
    Just downloaded it to my Kindle fire which I installed google on. I have the exact same problem.
    Well I could not fix the bug, got tired of the game and uninstalled.
  • robert_deardorffrobert_deardorff Member Posts: 2
    It sucks but I just bypass the charwood section turned in what I could and went to Luskan. I mean sure you missed the tower and you missed two of the books and one of the werewolves, but it's not enough to stop you from playing through the storyline.
    Well I never completed the game, played it a few times as a kid. So I wanted a real nice run with as many quest and things done as possible. So that was a major turnoff for me.

The devs didnt do a thing about it aswell...
    That next version still hasn't been released because we're testing it.
    Well here's hoping it fixes it, as I'm sure there is a lot of people experiencing this bug besides me.

When can I expect the patch to go live?
  • fabioLibosfabioLibos Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem
    There is a lot of people with this bug.
  • fabioLibosfabioLibos Member Posts: 2
    do you have a forecast for the repair of this error?
    Just hope that the next official patch fixes it.
    Hi everyone! Please opt-in the beta version (8193A00010), it has a lot of bug fixes and quality of life improvements! This particular issue (happens only on certain devices) can be fixed if you just set "Facelift" mode to "None" in the game options!