Skip to content

Aerie spellbook problem

I’m playing BG2:EE on Nintendo Switch. Just now, I had Aerie scribe some spells, and they were successful, but they didn’t appear in her spellbook. I figured I needed to delete some spells, so I reloaded and tried that first- but I’m not able to delete any of her spells (unlike my Baalspawn mage, whose memorized spells I can delete as normal).

So then I gave her a few potions of genius, thinking that would at least allow her to learn some extra spells, solving the original issue- no dice. They still don’t appear. Her spellbook also only shows up to level 7, even though her highest learnable spell level is supppsed to be 8.

What gives? Is Aerie bugged?

Comments

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Aerie is a Cleric/Mage multiclass, so she has two spellbooks. Are you sure you’re looking at her mage spellbook?
  • missfestermissfester Member Posts: 3
    Aerie is a Cleric/Mage multiclass, so she has two spellbooks. Are you sure you’re looking at her mage spellbook?

I was under the impression she just had one combined spellbook. When I open “mage spells,” it takes me to her “priest scrolls.” Is there a way to toggle between? I’m not seeing one.

• missfestermissfester Member Posts: 3
    Okay, actually nevermind. Apparently, if I open “mage spellbook” without first selecting Aerie, and then scroll TO her, it goes to her priest spellbook. But if I select her first, and THEN select “mage spellbook,” it does take me to her mage spellbook. So Aerie is not bugged, just an interface issue.

@masteraleph, thanks for your help!