Skip to content

Is there a mod to fix the broken stealth system in this game?

I’ve searched but cannot find the answer, so am guessing not… but is there a fix for the AI following my character around even when they are hiding in shadows? It happens after I’ve backstabbed one of them and then hidden again. They all swarm me until I cannot move, yet won’t attack me until I’ve left shadows. They should either know I’m there or not!

Really surprised, and more than a little disappointed, that this is allowed in the game.

Comments

• Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 124
    It's definitely kind of annoying. You can abuse it late-game with cloud spells, by making your invisible character immune to the cloud damage, and having your casters spam clouds on top.

I just took a look at a few scripts from creatures I remember doing this. Looks like for these creatures, if they're hostile and don't see any of your characters, they're scripted to move to Player1 (first character created). To change it, you'd need to edit the scripts that have this action.
  • gb19lgb19l Member Posts: 2
    dp85 wrote: »
    It's definitely kind of annoying. You can abuse it late-game with cloud spells, by making your invisible character immune to the cloud damage, and having your casters spam clouds on top.

I just took a look at a few scripts from creatures I remember doing this. Looks like for these creatures, if they're hostile and don't see any of your characters, they're scripted to move to Player1 (first character created). To change it, you'd need to edit the scripts that have this action.

Thanks for the info mate. I’ll have to see if I can figure how to do that!