Skip to content

My mod creation videos for BGEE

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2020
    @energisedcamel Without actually seeing your mod I can't say. But if I had to guess I'd say you probably just forgot a tilde (~) on some line just before that line. Parse errors like that are often just relating to missing tildes.
    Copy and paste the contents of the TP2 here and I'll have a look
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    elminster wrote: »
    @energisedcamel Without actually seeing your mod I can't say. But if I had to guess I'd say you probably just forgot a tilde (~) on some line just before that line. Parse errors like that are often just relating to missing tildes.

Ahhh, you're completely right. It was the line before that was the problem (damn tildes). I have so much respect for anyone who spends time doing all this. I now have a different error, but I'm going to try and check it with a fine-tooth comb to see if I can identify what's wrong. Thanks for your help!
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Hey I just wanted to chime in here to say these videos were so helpful for me. I've wanted to get into modding BG for a while and have hovered around the BG modding community for a long time, but the leap to actually start always seemed just a bit too much.

Now I'm getting about halfway done with a big quest mod for BG1 and it's going great. I'm getting into more advanced modding subjects than your video series initially covered and it's only because of those videos I was even able to make it that far. So thank you muchly for them :)
    edited June 2021
    Well that was waaaay more optimistic than I clearly could do.

Anywho, I'm just finished editing the sound for video #5 (which basically just covers the basic file types and a few quirks/things to know). So we'll see how long it takes to get all the visuals together for it and get everything together (but this should take a lot less time since it is relatively easy to record short video segments for each section).

It's not meant to be a definitive source for these file types. More of a 13 minute long overview of them.
    Alright everything seems to be done with it. I should have the video uploaded by later today.
    edited August 2021
    elminster wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay with this. I got a DnD related product in the mail on friday and I was not happy with the quality of the product vs how much I paid for it (I won't say what the product is and I'm keeping this thread solely about BG modding... but you can check out the video on my channel when it comes out).

So I've been channeling that annoyance into a review video I'm making about it. I'm almost finished with that video and when I am I'm done with that I'll focus on finishing the part 4 video.

On an unrelated note. If anyone is curious about the 3rd party DnD product that got me so incensed last year that it threw off me making these videos (at least back then) it'll be my next review video. Which should be out hopefully sometime this weekend (or next weekend at the latest).

I'm still working on the script for the making a kit video. But it's coming along and it will be my next priority.
    edited January 2022
    Figured I'd provide an update. The audio for the kit making video is finished and edited. I'm hoping to have the "how to make a kit" video out in the next 2-3 weeks.

Edit: I've decided to take a break from making it. It may be some time before it's released.
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited December 2022
    Part 6: Making a custom kit

https://youtu.be/8WnieiljK18
    edited December 2022
    https://youtu.be/Sqd3pOdPupY

Addendum video to the kit creation video