Skip to content

BG EE Limited Wish spell help

When I cast the spell i get the message that the djinni has nothing to say https://prnt.sc/26bhtb4 and nothing happens after that. Does anybody know what might cause this?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Simple. The dialogue file that chooses the wish doesn't exist in BGEE. You'd have to copy it over from BG2EE, including adding the strings, in order for it to work. After all, you're not supposed to be able to cast the spell in that part of the game, and the NPCs don't get it either - why bother going to the effort of fully implementing it?
  • snsdale1snsdale1 Member Posts: 18
    Yeah, I've only recently realized that the spell isn't implemented in the BG EE. Are there any other ways to reset your spells though?
    Resting. That is how you refresh your daily resources, after all.
    Well, apart from the
    jmerry wrote: »
    Resting. That is how you refresh your daily resources, after all.

Well, apart from the obvious one
    Well, no. Bypassing a fundamental game mechanic just isn't something you do cheaply. Sure, there are high-level spells; some lower-level spells returned for a 6th level divine spell or a 7th level arcane spell, a chance of a full instant rest on a 9th level spell. And none of those are accessible at BG1 levels.
    edited January 2022
    Do you know of any mods/scripts that do that? (Besides spell system adjustments or spell cloning with adding wondrous recall)