Skip to content

No Rasaad in ToB

I did rasaads quest in SoA, he left to lead the twofold. I was thinking I could get him back in ToB but he is not listed on the summon. Heck even Yoshimo is listed saying he can't join. Is this normal for rasaad if he left?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Yes, fate summoning doesn't work for characters that left unrecoverably, either due to story (like Rasaad) or because they died (like Yoshimo).

Rule of thumb: if you could recruit the person again at the end of SoA, you can summon them; if you could not, you can't.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Rasaad should be available if he left during his quest; I've certainly summoned him for his ToB quest in my games. In-story, the Twofold Trust doesn't last, and Rasaad is available by the time ToB comes around.

Something went wrong here. Details of your setup for troubleshooting purposes?
  • HdelHdel Member Posts: 9
    Setup? No mods or anything 2.6.6 bg2 ee for android. Finished rasaad quest in SoA he left party to lead the twofold path and that's the last time I saw him. His name isn't listed on the summon for ToB. Everyone else is, even evil aligned characters that left and dissappear in SoA when my rep went too high.
    Just a guess, but Rasaad is only available as DLC for the mobile versions. Is it possible that the game somehow thinks you have the DLC for SoA but not for ToB?
    edited January 2022
    That's interesting. I started new game, few of them actually, and Rasaad never appears on the summon npc list. So this does seem to be some kind of error. I don't remember if this was happening before 2.6.6 or not though.

I think Rasaad is included by default with the mobile ee version. If I remember right I had to buy Dorn, Neera and Hexxat but not Rasaad.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    I don't remember how the summoning work, but aren't you suppose to meet him somewhere first, around amkethran i think ?
    edited January 2022
    No. Hexxat is the only one of the EE NPCs that will meet you in ToB if you don't summon her; her quest starts in the Amkethran tavern, and she'll meet you there if you didn't bring her.

Looking things up, one of the requirements for Rasaad appearing on the Fate Spirit's list is HasDLC("Rasaad").
    This is not one of the requirements for spawning him in Trademeet for the first meeting; that encounter simply doesn't check for it.

So yeah, I think there's something funny going on with regard to DLC detection. The game thinks you don't have Rasaad's DLC, so he can't be summoned.
    Post edited by jmerry on
    edited January 2022
    Yeah think you got it right about dlc bug. Looking over all the dlc the buy button is grayed out, Rasaad is not. I can't buy him as gives an error or restore purchase. But his dlc is different from the rest. I never bought it like the other dlc as it was included with the ee edition.

I'm going to have to do another playthrough and see if I can bring him over by taking him with me to Irenicus fight.
  • UlsUls Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2022
    Hi,
    apologies for resurrecting the thread,
    But was this issue resolved, or is there some workaround to continue Rasaad's story line in Tob?

Not being able to finish stuff is an itch I can't scratch that is driving me crazy...

Thanks for any comments in advance,
    Uls
    Edit: playing version 2.6.6.10 on Android 11, no mods or anything