Skip to content

[Mod][SoD] Road to Discovery ** SoD Spoiler! **

2»

Comments

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Thanks a lot for the explanation jastey. Very informative. The mod looks great for consistency in any case then. I’ll use it if I can convince myself to include SoD in my playthrough next time😊
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Thanks! If you do, let me know how it worked out for you.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 489
    jastey wrote: »
    I wouldn't know how any of these bugs would be caused by RtD, sorry.
    Obly possibility is that the scripting of the variable setting gave a hickup to area scripts, but the dialogue problems are most definitely not RtD's problem. Also, script problems would only be in the areas your group heard about new infos which trigger the variable evaluation, not if you travel to another area.
    Ophyllis never appeared at the Ducal Palace entrance after talking to him in the Treasury.
    What exactly do you mean here?
    Please post your weidu.log and the RtD DEBUG in a spoiler here. What game are you on + version?
    EDIT: Sorry if my post sounds short-tempered, I do appreciate the report and of course will investigate. It's just that RtD does not alter Rasaad's dialogue in a way that the shown screenshot could be related to it, etc.
    Yes, I don't understand where the bugs could came from since I don't have mod for SoD beside RtD and Transitions.

I will try again RtD with a clean install first, and then try with some of my current mods install to see what happens. I will also do it on an english install this time.

Besides the Rasaad dialog, all the other bugs seem linked to the Ducal Palace entrance area.
    Road to Discovery updates to v0.4 Beta, with a French version by JohnBob, proofread by Machiavélique!
    Road to Discovery updates to v0.5 Beta!

The new version fixes the install error if Themed Tweaks was installed, updates component one from Themed Tweaks to the changes of v0.2, fixes and improved gameplay (conclusions of the PC will now be available as reply options to the officers instead of being set automatically by script, and for listing of the officers' knowledge the player daoesn#t have to go through all infos that were listed already).

Changelog:

- Fixed installation problems if "Add Stat-Based Observations and Quest Options" component was installed via Themed Tweaks mod.
    - Component 1 "Add Stat-Based Observations and Quest Options from Lauriel's Themed Tweaks Mod" updated to changes v0.2: Wrong variable references fixed; Reply option about Hooded Man inside the palace will only show if the Hooded Man was inide the palace; Added WEIGHT #-1 to Edwin's dialogue so it won't get blocked; cutscene changed to make texts better readable; setting of variable for generic NPC dialogues will not loop; Corrected string reference error for BG:SoD.
    - Corrected oversights in scripts and dialogues: wrong variable values, missing setting of variables, missing interconnections in scripts.
    - Scripting generally improved for compatibility.
    - assumptions and speculations will no longer be triggered by script but will offered as reply options with the officers.
    - Component "Add Additional Communication with Officers": Sir Deggernaut can be asked to list all new and already known facts separately.
    - Silenced ingame debug notifications about variables evaluation.
    - Corrcted remnants to other mod names in readme.
    Another quick update to v0.6 Beta with more fixes!

Changelog:
    - Cutscene in Dragonspear Basement should not loop if one of the new reply options is chosen.
    - Reply options should cycle back to correct dialogues states in all cases.
    Road to Discovery updates to v0.7 Beta with an Italian version by improb@bile!

Changelog:

- added Italian version by improb@bile
    - refined variable triggers for conclusion that Caelar is no child of Bhaal.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I would like some feedback about this mod. I played BG1 many time but never tested SoD

Would you recommand this SoD exansion ?
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    I would like some feedback about this mod. I played BG1 many time but never tested SoD

Would you recommand this SoD exansion ?
    Totally. It really allows player to investigate the crusade and Caelar, and the NPC reactions are far more believable. The story is greatly improved, without modifying it.
    edited July 2022
    I am very biased in my answer, still I would always recommend playing SoD without mods the first time. Not only to give the game credit, but also so you will know which mods might be to your liking (or maybe even deem a wanted addition) if you play SoD again.

As for the changes this mod does, like @Trouveur already wrote the aim is not to change any content or story progression, it is really only about how the PC can talk about what is going on and the details/phrasings of the officers' reactions to the gathered knoweldge.

@Trouveur thanks for the kind words.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    On more to add to my EET modlist ! I do love those mods that improve or extend the vanilla. I will open a thread about this subject!
    Feedback is always very welcome!

The mod updates to v0.8 with several fixes! The changes include an update of the component of Themed Tweaks to the most current version.

Changelog:

- Updated Themed Tweaks "Add stat-based observations and options" component to TT v0.4: Info about fallen paladin Dauston should be available if Corwin joins the party at first camp, too; Edwin's dialogue about scrying pool scene should close propely.
    - Dialogue with officers in bd3000.are should not skip parts if PC has nothing to report, and thre should be no doubled reply options.
    - Viconia's or Glint's interjection into PC's self-talk about crusader camp "blessing" should not break the dialogue.
    - Marshal Nederlok should be aware there were already two fiend wars at Dragonspear Castle.
    - Sir Deggernaut's dialogue should not double reply options.
    - Optimized variable triggers for PC's conclusions regarding Caelar's plans.
    Road to Discovery updates to a full v1!

Changelog:

- Scrypool Scene with Hephernaan will no longer lead to hints about fiend master. PC can tell officers about "Umbral Accord" instead.
    - Scrypool Scene will no longer lead to conclusion that Hephrnaan is betraying Caelar.
    - Sir Deggernaut will have appropriate scripts in camps.
    - Added extra reply option to Daeros dialogue to learn about fiend master. Hearing about "dark creature in mirror" will no longer lead to this knowledge directly.
    - Variable "C#RtD_HephernaanVisual" has value of 2: "PC knows that Hephernaan [who is Caelar's advisor] is working with Umbral Accord"; added "C#RtD_CoalHephernaanVisual" accordingly; updated readme and docs with description.
    - Updated links in sodrtd.ini.
    Great news ! Thank you Jastey. :)

I really recommend this mod for any SoD playthrought.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Road to Discovery updates to v1.1 with minor fix and a few more lines from the officers in case Hephernaan's master was reveald.

Translations still needed.

Changelog:

- Sir Deggernaut should not be in the camp and in front of the castle both.
    - Added reactions from officers to the knowledge of Hephernaan's plans to the meeting at Dead Man's Pass.
    - minor corrections.
    @Ludwig_II (from here) I just replayed the start of the camp battle in my install, starting from the meeting at the Dead Man's Pass, and Andrus is there alright. Do you have a savegame from your problematic install where I could see RtD's variables? Do you remember what the officers knew in your game and how the parley with Caelar went?

The mod updates to v1.2 with completed French version, by JohnBob!

Changelog:

- French version completed, by JohnBob.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Sorry jastey, I don't have the save game anymore. But kemalci in the other thread posted a savegame. Hopefully it's the same issue. As I remember, parley went as usual.
    @Ludwig_II next time, please report the issue here so I can have a look into it. Now you are convinced it's a bug in RtD but I can't reproduce it.
    Road to Discovery updates to v1.3 with a fix!

Changelog:

- Fixed a looping scriptblock in the journal handling script.
    - Link correction: "Shai Huluds Text-Patch".
    - Removed recommendation to install Themed Tweak's "Add Stat-Based Observations and Quest Options" because personally, I prefer a more subtle approach.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Sorry for asking. What is the “Shai Huluds Text Patch”?
    The Shai Hulud is a Dune reference isn’t? The Sandworm? I couldn’t help but think what’s it doing here?
    Heh. Sorry for the confusion. It's a German text patch aka Fanmade translation of SoD, so this link is only relevant for people who want to play the mod in German.
    Road to Discovery updates to v2.0 with a fix and a Spanish version by ElGamerViejuno! Thank you for the translation!

Changelog:

- Spanish version, by ElGamerViejuno.
    - Fixed install error in case Jastey's SoD Tweaks were installed in other language.
    The mod updates to v3.0 with a Russian translation by Arkie! Thank you for the translation! Also, all lines should now be traified, i.e. play in the correct language.

Changelog:

-Russian translation, by Arkie.
    -All lines in scripts should be traified.