Skip to content

Can someone help me migrate files from NWN:EE Android To Windows?

Hey all! Basic question here. I have 300+ modules and all installed on NWN:EE for Android, and I was wondering if someone could give me the "for dummies" on which folders and files I'll need to transfer from there to the Windows version in order for all of the modules to work? Please let me know which folders are necessary and which I SHOULD NOT move! Thanks! - flu

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Install NWN-EE on Windows (if you haven't already).

Make a USB connection from Android to Windows. Pull down the menu on Android to select Transfer Files.

You need to transfer the subfolders in Android > Data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user to (Documents) > Neverwinter Nights.

Don't transfer the files which are not in subfolders - .ini .secret .tml - because you don't want to overwrite your Windows game configuration with info from another device. Tweak those settings for Windows in game.

Obviously, if you have any module files on Windows already, you'll need to be selective about over-writing.

I've done this successfully for most subfolders. I haven't had a reason to copy cache, database, nwsync or servervault, but copying them can't do any harm.
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Thanks Proleric! Really appreciate the easy to follow response there. :smile: Going to do this now and hopefully everything works when it's done! Cheers!
    Ok, one more quick question! On mobile I have that special UI installed, oh I forget the name, it's the most popular UI overhaul there is! Uses spell icons from NWN2 i believe? Anyway, is there a way to restore the base game's UI? A mod to download just to restore the UI that is the default UI of NWN:EE? Hope I'm clear enough there, thanks!
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Not that I know of, but if you still have the mod source, or can find it on Neverwinter Vault, you can identify the files that you need to uninstall.

Failing that, chances are that those files are in \override, so you could empty that folder, then reinstall the mods you actually want there.
    Thanks proleric! I decided to empty the folder and then start fresh. Most of the files were in fact Reborn UI files. Thanks again for the help and take care! :smile:
    edited January 2022
    Hello again. Quick question. Is there a way to migrate SAVES from the Android version so they work in the Steam version? That would be AWESOME as i have characters and more saved on Android i'd love to import. Save files, not just characters. Thanks!

EDIT - Nevermind, figured it out! Beamdog u bloody geniuses, it works!! HAHA! Soooo happy to have my saves and characters from the hundreds of hours I have on the Android version! U guys rock!! :smiley: