Skip to content

Question; Spell area effect marker?

barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
I've just seen a short video for Olvyn spell mod. It showed a sequence where the spell being casts location was highlighted on the ground by a green line while casting. It's not mentioned in the readme for Olvyn spell mod so I can only assume that it was already implemented from another mod. Any ideas where it would come from?
6egl12ijxqt2.png

Comments

• barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    This gif shows the effect.

kfbdhusbdpio.gif
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited February 2022
    That green line is the indicator for "Lined up AoE" effects like Agannazar's Scorcher. I'm not sure why it appeared for this particular spell, as I don't think this spell's projectile uses the "Lined up AoE" flag.

The Enhanced Editions have an option to enable AoE indicators. To turn them on, go into your save game folder and edit Baldur.lua. It should have a line saying:

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Show AOE','0')

Change that 0 to a 1 and the game will show AoE indicators when you cast a spell.
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    The mod "Reveal hidden gameplay options" from Argent77 also allow to enable this marker from game options once installed.

You can find it here : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524/mod-reveal-hidden-gameplay-options-for-all-ee-games-patched-to-v2-0-or-higher

There is also a lot of other options.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Thanks to the both of you for your exellent suggestions/advice.