Skip to content

'Hak is missing' when log in, but it's false.

A friend of mine created a module with some custom hak.
I download all the Hak, tlk and override (yes, they're all, we checked twice).
He put the module online ( 'create new online game' ) and when I try lo log in, the game tells me:

'unable to load the module
hak file required is not present'

Anyone Knows the problem and how to fix it?

The hak was taken from nwnvault
My operative system is Windows 10.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2022
    Make sure you unrar/zip/7z the file from Neverwinter Vault. Make sure all related files are in the Documents/Neverwinter Nights/haks, music, tlk, etc.

Have your friend check their Custom Content list in the toolset for that specific module. They may have missed telling you of a hak that is required you have not downloaded yet.

Some old modules require CEP 1.x, which is a different file package compared to CEP 2.x. So if you have CEP 2.x, and it requires CEP 1.x, you will need to download CEP 1.x version as well.

Have your friend send you the module file. Load it up in the toolset and it will generate a list of missing haks on the popup screen when it is unable to load the module.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2022
    The nwclientLog1.txt file in (assuming windows - change location for other OS) your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\logs folder should have a list of all missing hak files after you try to load the module into the game too.

TR
  • BlackwoodsBlackwoods Member Posts: 7
    Unfortunately no. I have a lot of this
    *** ValidateGFFResource sent by user.
    but nothing about hak! :(
    The module working in single player and in toolset. Is working too for the player who upload the module on online game.
    Is just impossible to log in in the server
    So now you're able to load it up in the toolset without a missing hak error? It's not a hak issue for you anymore then? So now it may be a firewall, or something blocking ports if you're unable to connect to the server.
    Blackwoods wrote: »
    The module working in single player and in toolset. Is working too for the player who upload the module on online game.
    Is just impossible to log in in the server

No, it's been this way all the time.
    This error is given either if i put it online or if my friend do it.

Then verify all the required files are in the Documents/Neverwinter Nights associated folders.
    We have all the haks named in the toolset and all the hak named in the game as requisite, in the proper folders.
    Nothing is missing unfortunatly. I really don't know what to do and why we have this problem. :s
    If the module is on Neverwinter Vault link it so we can try to help out.
    Unfortunatly, we created it by zero. :(
    We discover the guilty hak! Probably is bugged.
    Just a couple of areas to delete, very lucky!
    Thanks you all for the help :smiley: