Skip to content

[v1.50] Recorder, a gnome lorekeeper NPC for BG:EE, SoD and EET

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Lib\Recorder_SoD.tpa got accidentally duplicated due to case-sensitivity.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    Thanks for catching another dupe! It is deleted.
    edited December 2021
    Updated this mod again to 1.48 to fix several journal strings that were broken. (Thanks Artisan!)

Also updated one of the very first strings in the mod to actually describe the character correctly, originally the concept was a righteous but prideful bard, and Recorder is not very much of either of those, but the text never got changed.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 500
    Hello, I just recruted Recorder and I'm helping her.
    What is the name of the rogue necromancer in Ulcaster's dungeon ? Harris or Rick ?
    cm6ru6ok7qdx.jpg
    The journal says Rick, but Bryce talks about Harris.
    edited January 2022
    I wonder if I meant Rick Harris, because I use both very liberally. I'm going to update the journal line to include both.

I updated it to 1.49 over this, but I don't recommend re-downloading it unless a more severe bug is found.
    It makes sense indeed to have a name and a surname. :)
    edited January 2022
    Sometimes, when my approval improves with Recorder, instead of having a green message telling so, I have this :
    mzsmno19jp9s.jpg
    "We need supplies if we are going to help your friend."
    Traification is a pain sometimes. I fixed the links for them, they should display the right message in version 1.50
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    Just downloaded the new version and get an error message upon install.

ERROR: No translation provided for @600370
    ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Recorder/dialogue/X3RecJ.d]: Not_found
    ERROR: compiling [Recorder/dialogue/X3RecJ.d]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Recorder NPC MoD], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 148 files for [Recorder/setup-Recorder.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 148 files for [Recorder/setup-Recorder.tp2] component 0.
    ERROR: Not_found
    Just downloaded the new version and get an error message upon install.

ERROR: No translation provided for @600370
    ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Recorder/dialogue/X3RecJ.d]: Not_found
    ERROR: compiling [Recorder/dialogue/X3RecJ.d]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Recorder NPC MoD], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 148 files for [Recorder/setup-Recorder.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 148 files for [Recorder/setup-Recorder.tp2] component 0.
    ERROR: Not_found
    Did you try to install it on a BGEE with SoD from Steam or GoG ?

If yes, you first need to install DLC Merger mod before any other mod : https://github.com/Argent77/A7-DlcMerger

Are you on 2.6.6 BGEE version ?
    Neither. I use the Beamdog client when installing mods.
    edited January 2022
    It's a bad file (X3RecJ is bad). Redownload the Recorder mod and it should work.
    Thank you!
  • mademan2mademan2 Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2022
    Wanted to say thanks for your hard work Skitia, recently did a playthrough (well a second one but I messed the first one) of BG1 and now am midway through BG2 with your companions and its very enjoyable, the amount of content per companion is really amazing especially in BG2, I love the night chats that you can plan with them and such. And most of them have really interesting backrounds (especially Recorder, I did NOT see all that coming)

Would it be presumptuous to ask you if there is a way to be able to do more than one romance at a time with your companions? I love BG but I dont fancy doing another several playthroughs just for that, or at least not in the near future, but I am curious to see the content :D In general, id like to make sure im not missing anything.

Or maybe how to dig into the dialogue text documents? I did find them and read some parts but they are all over the place so its hard to follow, is there some logic to it im missing?
    Or would it be possible to have the dialogues available maybe on your website as sort of "chose your own adventure" style of experience, something like that :D

Thanks for answers and again, thanks a bunch :)
    Most of it is in any file ending with J in tra folder, such as RebJ for Recorder, EmiJ for Emily, etc. Sometimes the Reb/Emi etc. file is needed. Any file beginning or ending with B is just banter and can be ignored story-wise. You'll still miss some that are in other character's dialogue files, but at least with J you can get most of the progression. You can use the dialogue file to try to see an order, but yes, it's a lot of jumping.

Some of it is in the large file Resttalk.

For all of them, at some point they force you to choose. So you can at least see the beginning, but as it develops, you have to pick one.
    edited March 2022
    Hello, I just finished BG1 with Kale, Helga, Recorder, Braegar and Aura. It was a great adventure with nice banters.

I'm now in SoD, this time I could see and recruit Kale in the Elfsong Tavern (nice banters between him and Samuel by the way) with no problem.

But I still have the Recorder bug mentioned page 3 :

I'm at the Palace just before leaving BG, and recruited Recorder, but instead of the one which traveled withe me, she's a level 1 Recorder without her gear.

I don't know why, she was with me at the the end of Korlaz's Tomb and said goodbye.

Is there a way to fix that please ?

I use Recorder mod 1.48.
    Can you do these two commands for me in the console?

C:GetGlobal("X3RecDebug","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")

I added these debug variables when it happened to another user to get more data for myself.
    Skitia wrote: »
    Can you do these two commands for me in the console?

C:GetGlobal("X3RecDebug","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("X3Debug","GLOBAL")

I added these debug variables when it happened to another user to get more data for myself.
    Sure, here we go :
    0nvim7hv9pgu.jpg

edited March 2022
    Do it while in the leaving BG Area (BG0101, where she normally spawns.) X3Debug should exist then. I'm very curious if its value will be 2 instead of 1.

If its 1, my guess is there were two Recorders at some point spawned, and it pulled the wrong one. When I tried to replicate it, I got the expected Recorder. Granted I am jumping areas with the console, but after multiple tests, it works for me.

If its 2, something whacky is going on, as that shouldn't happen.

If a reload doesn't fix it, for simplicity I would re-add the items she had, or just carry them temporarily if you can go back to the tomb save.
    Sorry, I just did it in the right area, and the results for the two lines are 1.

I did what you suggested and EEkeeper the old Recorder into the new one, the only things I couldn't put back were favorite weapon and favorite spell, not a big deal. Even her approval was automatically transferred.

When I recruited again Helga she was the one from my BG1 part too. So only Recorder seems affected in my savegame.
    edited March 2022
    I'm now in SoD with Recorder, and when I ask him about our companions, I get this :
    ecysk0ao34kg.jpg
    Recorder doesn't recognize Helga, and can talk about Vienxay which is neither in the party or even installed on this game.
    Still, the line when choosing Vienxay seems to be the correct one for Helga :
    psaau749xynk.jpg
    Thanks, I fixed this.
  • AdventurousDayAdventurousDay Member Posts: 25
    In SOD when I'm returning to the Ducal Palace, a messenger pops up asking for a note to be passed on to Recorder. However, there is no note in any of my character's inventories. Is there supposed to be one?

The messenger's name isn't really a name but a giant paragraph of text that is Recorder's biography ("When asked about her past, Recorder.... "). I think something installed wrong in which the text replaced the name.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Hi Skitia,
    I updated to v1.41 and then reloaded saves to test. Needed to load my Korlaz dungeon save, but Recorder joined me for the march will all her XP and equipment now! Vienxay worked fine again.
    Looks like you addressed the issue! Thanks allot!

EDIT: Is your BG2EE mod with all your NPCs good for the transition to ToB?

I'm on v1.5 and Recorder joined me as a level 1 NPC, replacing my old Recorder. All the items that were equipped are replaced with her starting items.

Also, though Recorder is a Lorekeeper her class description says she is a bard. I think she's still leveling as a lorekeeper based on her spells and pickpocketing skills though.
    In SOD when I'm returning to the Ducal Palace, a messenger pops up asking for a note to be passed on to Recorder. However, there is no note in any of my character's inventories. Is there supposed to be one?

The messenger's name isn't really a name but a giant paragraph of text that is Recorder's biography ("When asked about her past, Recorder.... "). I think something installed wrong in which the text replaced the name.

Lastly my character recognized the messenger as Cindy at first, but on a reload (right before exiting Ducal Palace for the first time) there was no longer the dialogue option to show my character recognized her as Cindy. I don't know if this has anything to do with Recorder joining me as a lvl 1 NPC rather than the old Recorder that I had.
    I think something went wrong with your installation. It would explain the wrong class and the bad text.

The class can be fixed with EEKEEPER, though name strings may be off, so you'll have to decide if you can live with it. A full reinstallation of mods can fix it too and correct your strings.
    I did a full reinstallation including the base game and all their names are off ("Invalid: 'random number'", or some one sentence text) and they don't have voicing for some reason. None of their classes include the classes that are included with the mod (Warden/Lorekeeper).

Do I have to reinstall using the original order of how I reinstalled the mods, I wonder. Which would suck because I don't remember the original order.
    edited May 2022
    You can initiate dialogue with the NPCS, each one has an option that suggests something is wrong with their voice. Click it and it will fix their name/dialogue strings and voicing
    edited May 2022
    Thanks. It fixed their voicing/names but their kits are all off except that of Vienxay's shadowmage. Kale was downloaded with the Warden kit but in-game he is still a fighter, Recorder is a bard instead of a Lorekeeper, etc. Their biographies show "Invalid: [Random Number]". All their quests in my journal (except that of Vienxay's) disappeared as well.

As of far I have Emily/Kale/Helga/Recorder/Vienxay NPC mods, as well as the Aura mod, and the Artisan's Kitpack.

I'm guessing this is a lost cause at this point?

Anyway for the first time you meet Cindy outside of the Ducal Palace, are you supposed to have a letter in your inventory after the talk? Because before I made a complete re-install, I talked with her and agreed to give a letter to Recorder, but when Recorder appeared I never got the option to give her the letter. Without the Recorder install sod Cindy isn't there outside the Ducal Palace (using my save right before exiting the palace for the first time), whereas after the Recorder install (and just the Recorder install) Cindy is outside, but her name isn't Cindy but a giant paragraph of words. So I think it's probably not an install issue as I made a completely fresh install with just the Recorder install.
    Post edited by AdventurousDay on

Have you a BGEE version from Steam or GOG ? If yes, did you first install DLCMerger before other mods ?