Skip to content

Temperature Control Panel?

UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
I am in the area where the frost giants, trolls (frost and ice), and frost salamanders are located. In the upper museum there is a temperature control panel. Do I need to recover a missing part? Or do I use that area as a resting spot since it's nice and warm? It's been a very long while since I have done a full play through doing as many side quests as I can.

Comments

• UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2022
    z3v9bmxldp1o.png

I didn't kill those two salamanders there, they were already there. Dead from heat I guess. So can I fix it and fill the place with heat and kill them all?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited March 2022
    No, you can't do anything with it.

It's merely there because it is part of the backstory of the museum:
    The recent "slave revolt" in the museum started after one of the slaves, Vera, managed to use the temperature control panel to make the basement library (and the control room itself) too warm for the salamanders. (You can learn this by talking to Gareth in the library.)

But you, the player, cannot manipulate the temperature controls.

If you want to kill the salamanders, you'll have to do so via combat.
    They all turn hostile at some point along the "good path" of the quest The slaves and the salamanders. (Or if you simply attack them.)
  • UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    Thanks for the response, ineth.

I was hoping there was a side quest that would burn them all. Granted, I wouldn't get any loot or combat exp, but I would get quest exp and it would be fun to walk in and see them all burning.

After I gave Gareth the key, I went back up there to talk to Vera and all of them were hostile. The start fight was intense. I got ambushed good, but I pulled it off without anyone going splat.