Skip to content

Contact other plane outcomes

Apart from the armour quest does contact other plane have any other uses?

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited December 2021
    Not a quest per se, but you need it to upgrade Bren Muller's Crossbow (which you can find as random treasure in Dragon's Eye).

I've documented all possible Contact Other Plane questions & answers on the wiki:

https://icewinddale.fandom.com/wiki/Contact_Other_Plane
    Post edited by ineth on
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    Thanks
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    ineth wrote: »
    Not a quest per se, but you need it to upgrade Bren Muller's Crossbow (which you can find as random treasure in Dragon's Eye).

I've documented all possible Contact Other Plane questions & answers on the wiki:

https://icewinddale.fandom.com/wiki/Contact_Other_Plane

Great stuff, I love this feature so nice to see all the options. The spirit contacted during the Severed Hand chapter was definitely a Modron of some kind.
  • UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    Bren Muller's Crossbow <---- I found that with one of my groups and kept it because it seemed like it was an unique item. Now I cant wait for that group, currently working with 5, to get to that chapter so I can upgrade it. My Halfling Fighter/Thief can use cross bows and shortbows, currently using that one.
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 78
    Bren Muller's Crossbow <---- Could anyone confirm this upgrade works? I am in chapter 5, I talked with the spirit and he say something about the weapon and Crossbow's accuracy, but the weapon remain the same, with no "Deadeye" charge on it. Is it bugged for some reason?
  • UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    Frenzgyn

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had to contact the spirit a second time to 'confirm' the upgrade, but nope. Seems like a bugged item. "After contacting another plane and learning about Bren Muller, you have learned a new ability of the weapon. Once per day, it can dramatically increase accuracy for two rounds" should show up to indicate that it was upgraded, nothing. Honestly, it's not that great of a crossbow, so I just sold it.