Skip to content

Yeslick and Kagain

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Is it remotely possibly to play them both in the same party? I was thinking of throwing the helm of opposite alignment on Kagain, but from what I understand it doesn't stop scripted banters. Meaning Kagain and Yeslick will still eventually fight.... Or am I wrong? Anyway to stop their conflict? Or once they fight is there any coming back? Like... Can I res who dies and then move on with life? or will they fight again? or do they leave the party to fight?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The way it's scripted - doesn't look like it. They get into an argument with each other, the random number chooses a path that has the argument escalate, and they fight. Both leave the party, they fight it out, and you can take the survivor back when it's done. Alignment is never checked anywhere in the process, you can't raise the bodies of characters not in the party even if you have the spells, and they'd fight again eventually even if you somehow raised the loser. Unlike the BG2 character conflicts, there isn't even a variable you can set to prevent the fight. The fight starts when a dialogue action sets a variable, but the fight's end resets it and the dialogue doesn't check it beforehand.

The only way to change things would be to change the banter dialogue files so the variable-setting action that starts the fight never happens. The key action is in BKAGAI.DLG, though the talks all start in BYESLI.DLG.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    jmerry wrote: »
    The way it's scripted - doesn't look like it. They get into an argument with each other, the random number chooses a path that has the argument escalate, and they fight. Both leave the party, they fight it out, and you can take the survivor back when it's done. Alignment is never checked anywhere in the process, you can't raise the bodies of characters not in the party even if you have the spells, and they'd fight again eventually even if you somehow raised the loser. Unlike the BG2 character conflicts, there isn't even a variable you can set to prevent the fight. The fight starts when a dialogue action sets a variable, but the fight's end resets it and the dialogue doesn't check it beforehand.

The only way to change things would be to change the banter dialogue files so the variable-setting action that starts the fight never happens. The key action is in BKAGAI.DLG, though the talks all start in BYESLI.DLG.

That's a shame but it makes sense. Thanks.
  • dukdukgoosdukdukgoos Member Posts: 22
    You could use the "NPCs don't fight" tweak

https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Looking it up ... actually, that's a different mechanism than what I was thinking. It changes the NPC scripts rather than the dialogue that provokes them. So the "time to fight" variable gets set, but they don't actually go through with it.