Skip to content

can't quicksave or overwrite existing manual saves

AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
Hello.

Game version: 2.6.6.0
Platform: GoG (Galaxy)

i'm experiencing a weird issue that refuses to go away. on bg1ee the game refuses to:

1.make new quicksaves
2.delete any saves (ingame)
3.overwrite existing saves
4.display portrait on the load game preview other than the male it defaults to when creating a char (even if other is selected)

things i've tried:

1.deleting saves in windows explorer - they're brought back when it syncs on launch (gog galaxy).
2.launching directly from the exe without the saves - allows me to quicksave, however it's not displaying any portraits on the load game preview and upon sync we're back to square 1.
3.deleting all mods + dlc-merge - no difference
4.deleting the entire game and re-installing it. with and without removing local files. - no difference

i'm out of ideas, anyone got anything?

Comments

• AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2022
    Okay, update:

After a bunch of googling and trying different things, I finally seem to have overcome the issue by uninstalling, deleting local folders (both gamedir and documents) and installing on a different drive.

Thing is, I don't really want the game on that drive and I'd like to get it back to where it was without it breaking again.
    To that end, I need to know why/how it retained information on re-installs to the same drive despite having been uninstalled and having the documents folder removed prior?

Where else does it store information besides the install directory and documents folder?
  • meybroder1meybroder1 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2022
    Learnt this the hard way. You need to save your game manually via the main menu before you try out a different life path. Otherwise, all your previous progress will be overwritten Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox without a warning.
    Post edited by meybroder1 on