Skip to content

How to continue Game from MacOS to Steam versions

Hi, I'm new here so not sure if this has been discussed before.
I bought Baldur's Gate EE on MacOS and has been playing up to Chapter 5 with my much loved team. Then I realised that the MacOS version does not have option for Siege of Dragonspear :#
So I bit the bullet and bought Baldur's Gate EE and SoD on Steam.

Q. How do I continue my saved games on MacOS to Steam?

On MacOS, I found the saved files on "~/Library/Containers/Baldur's Gate/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhance Edition/save" and copied the entire save folder to Steam's "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition/" but it did not work. I guess I'm doing things wrong.

Looking for help. Thanks so much.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hi! Saves should be put into the folder in Documents, not /steamapps/common/
  • DukesGDukesG Member Posts: 7
    You mean into Steam's "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/Documents"? Create a "Documents" folder (since there is none there) and copy the MacOS's save folder to it?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The easiest way to access the Documents folder on Mac is from the Favorites section in the left sidebar in Finder. There, it should have a folder for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.
  • DukesGDukesG Member Posts: 7
    @JuliusBorisov
    Sir, you are a genius. It worked. Many, many, many thanks.
    Happy playing! Cheers!