Skip to content

[Solved] Can't enter the dungeon in Windspear Hills. Bug?

ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
First of all when I say I can't enter, I am exactly where the map says "Dungeon Entrance" and the cursor doesn't change into the "enter an area" cursor at any point. I've pixel hunted for ten minutes at this point.

First I got the quest from Firkraag to come to windspear. Came, killed the paladins, Garren came, told me he'll help and so on. Rested at his place, his kid got kidnapped. Then the halfling delivers the challenge.

I now have the "Journey to the Windspear Hills" quest at the third stage ("My current predicament...") and the "Rescue Garren's child from Firkraag" quest at the first stage ("Garren's child has been kidnapped..."). I also have the challenge scroll.

No matter what I can't seem to enter. I've tried sleeping at the cabin again, travelling back to Athkatla and returning, speaking to the dude. Nothing seems to work.

If I enter the dungeon through console (area 1201) and then I exit, I still can't enter.

my WeiDu log: https://pastebin.com/4p2UP9Q4

Anyone heard of or experienced something like this?

EDIT: r/Baldursgate has provided the solution: typing C:Eval('TriggerActivation("TRAN1201",TRUE)') while in the Windspear hills will correct the area transition trigger. Praise be to Proton_Lem.
Post edited by Tolias on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if i had to guess i would go with the;
    ~BUTCHERY/BUTCHERY.TP2~ #0 #10 // DrAzTiK's revisited fight against Tazok and DigDag: v5.0.0

since as soon as you enter Firkraag's lair DigDag is right there, so perhaps that is the one causing the issue?
  • ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
    Hmm. So how would I go about disabling that particular component to test it?
    unfortunately that is out of my league since i have no idea how Weidu works

but perhaps there may be a readme file somewhere on on how to uninstall Weidu mods? perhaps weidu itself has the info?
  • ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
    r/Baldursgate has provided the solution: typing C:Eval('TriggerActivation("TRAN1201",TRUE)') while in the Windspear hills will correct the area transition.
    excellent to hear