Skip to content

NWN EE toolset ideas

Not posted on Beamdog forum before, please forgive me if I make some mistakes!

I’ve been using the toolset and game for a while and thought of some ideas that I’d like to share. Maybe I have missed some functionality of the toolset and I am sorry if I have done this!

1. It would be good on the script editor in the toolset, if you could triple click on the line of script you want and the cursor then highlights the whole line. Perhaps as well, the numbers on the left hand column could also be used to highlight a line. This would be really helpful.

2. A big thing that I’d like to see is the ability to have multiple windows open at the same time without having to close say the script editor go back into the main toolset and open up a placed creature to find say a ResRef. It would be so good if possible to not have to do that so that any window opened in the toolset was always active. It gets a little troublesome sometimes if you have to keep closing windows opening up something else ctrl+C and then close that window to open up the script editor again, although this isn’t just a script editor thing. It’s for every new window in the toolset that opens up. This change would save so much time.

3. Having the ability to choose which character to test your module with would be really helpful as well. I usually check my modules with the usual range of classes, fighter, barbarian, wizard, monk, ranger and any other classes that I might also want to test. At the moment I use the F9 functionality which is a blessing because it saves time but if I want to test another character I have to quit out of the game, go through the menu options and go through all that. It would be go nice if you could either in the toolset or in game, select the character you want to test the module with. Again this would save a ton of time.

This is what I can remember from off the top of my head. I would love to hear what others thoughts on this are, if they have the same feelings as this or maybe there is something I missed that could make things easier. Thank you!

Comments

• Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    No mistake but NWN:EE will be only be supported no more development.
  • PlasmaJohnPlasmaJohn Member Posts: 31
    Night76 wrote: »
    Is that speculation or was there an official announcement I missed?
  • nwfan87nwfan87 Member Posts: 99

The recent model updates for characters armor and more, shows that Beamdog are doing way more than just supporting the game, they are doing so much to develop the game. If they've updated the armor and character models, that has got to show their interest in developing the game. They have been quiet for a while which suggests they are doing something enormous and if you keep an eye on the NWN vault, you can get an idea of what might be coming in the future.
    PlasmaJohn wrote: »
    Is that speculation or was there an official announcement I missed?

All that I know is that there is a lot of very hard working going on at the moment. There has never been an announcement on the lines of 'we are no longer developing the game'. Everything Beamdog has done, has been both to support and develop the game, even adding new scripting possibilities. That means, they are absolutely 100%, serious about it.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 179
    Something which I've found annoying is a bug in the Preview Window function in the toolset to view item properties. If I click on the 2D button, the 2D view briefly flashes and then it returns to the 3D view even though the button is still on 2D.

This is very annoying when I'm searching for a particular item which I know has a certain 2D picture. It's a lot easier to edit an existing object with the right appearance than it is to create a new one and when I don't remember what item has that appearance, searching in preview mode is the fastest and easiest way of finding the appearance I'm looking for... or at least, it used to be until this annoying bug showed up.