Skip to content

Android 12 Android/data access

rogufkarogufka Member Posts: 12
Hi,

First time posting here.

I have been searching how to copy/paste my saves from the phone to PC and back. All I know is that the saves are located in the game's folder found in /storage/emulated/0/data/game.

The issue being is I am unable to see anything in this particular place.

I have reached to Samsung, Android and Google Play Store - they all said it must be the game's developer policy to block the access to this folder.

I think they might be right due to a simple fact that the other games do not have 0 bytes nor any files in their own respective folders.

If it's true, isn't it a bit wrong? I mean, you paid for the game and you can't even fully utilize it?

Let's say I need to restore my device to factory settings and I am reaching the final chapters of the game. I do not wish to start over just because of some restrictions imposed on an off-line game.

I would like to hear your opinion. Am I the right or in the wrong?

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native.

BR,
me

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! What apps have you tried to use in order to view the folder? Try others.
  • rogufkarogufka Member Posts: 12
    It's not about any file managers. I've tried Total Commander, X-plore, CX File Explorer etc. I CAN access android/data but the folder is empty. If it really is empty, where do I find my saved games?
    Ok, let's try the other way around. Where can I find my saves on Android 12?
  • Bruce_VenneBruce_Venne Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Saves for the game can be found here on the Android,

If looking on your PC
    PC\Your device\Tablet\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition\files\save

When using Total Commander on my Android device, after selecting data, I then select Installed apps, and then I see the folders for all my apps.

When looking for the particular game you want, they are storied in com.beamdog.name of the game

Hope this helps.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2022
    This is a prntscrn of my view from Total Commander.
    Can you try a sdcard/android/data folder?
    I don't have an SD card. But I may have it in no time. How do I install a game on SD instead of internal storage?
    Question, are you seeing this message when selecting Installed Apps? I am wondering if maybe your Total Commander does not have permission to the files.

fizsubv98zky.png
    I think I permitted TC to the files
    Please try a different app. We can't repro your issue as you see from the screenshots above.
    What app do you suggest?
    Scrn of another application. Folder is empty .

This is a reply I got from Google Play

Unfortunately, every game gets to decide how they store their data and if they allow you to move that data from one system to another.

Your best action is to contact the developers of that game and ask them how to synchronize or move your data. If it's possible, they may even have information about it already in their Help system inside the game.

So, what do?
    We're still trying to reproduce your issue. Please bear with us.
    Ok, will do, good Sir, will do.

Thanks.
    Time to root :)
    Hello,
    I am still investigating the issue. I have not been able to reproduce it, but we are still looking into it.
    Seems like a game developer itself does not allow for access to save game files because the game itself has microtransactions (portraits/additional content) . If they allowed the access, people would abuse it to get the content for free.

Long story short, no access to saves whatsoever because of greed policy.

Face it. You buy the game yet you are so unable to utilize it at the very basic level.

Correct if I am wrong.

Should I be wrong, I would like to appologise the whole Beamdog staff for my fałse accusations.

Sincerely,
    2nd DnD Lover
  • JingizuJingizu Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2022
    Same problem here un android 11, i cant write in beamdog fólder, inside data. Its really annoying, i dont want to start a new Game.... If i delete the original folder and create a new one with my saves, It is automatically deleted when instart the game. If i change the name of the beamdog folder It gets undeleteable until i rename again with original name.
    Post edited by Jingizu on
  • JingizuJingizu Member Posts: 6
    Jingizu wrote: »
    Same problem here un android 11, i cant write in beamdog fólder, inside data. Its really annoying, i dont want to start a new Game.... If i delete the original folder and create a new one with my saves, It is automatically deleted when instart the game. If i change the name of the beamdog folder It gets undeleteable until i rename again with original name.

I got a solution, i plug the tablet to the pc (via usb), rename the original "files" folder to "p" (i suppose it is the same the new name) and create a new folder called "files" then i copied my old "files" folder content in it. when i strted the game, ir is not deleted, so i can play my saved games.
  • Holly98Holly98 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever figure out how to solve this?
  • LordElfoLordElfo Member Posts: 3
    Same problem here... Have a S23 Ultra and cant access my save files to share between Android x PC...
    I give permission but cant access folders...
    Is there any plans for a tool or option to share save and characters ?