Skip to content

Volkarian: Unfinished Business?

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
edited June 2022 in Builders - Toolset
I might be wrong, but it's looking like Volkarian and a number of his files are standard resources, rather than just custom for HotU only. I'm curious if it'd be possible to make a mod to use his bottle and have access to his store in any module? Can anyone walk me through how to accomplish this, please?

Edit: Further searching has come up dry. I'm finding zero Volkarian or merchant mods in the Vault or Nexus. My own tinkering with the toolset has been very limited and I'm certainly not a developer capable of coding, scripting, or anything of that sort. I'm going to play around with it for awhile, though, and see if I can come up with a way to make Volkarian available in any setting. Mostly for my personal use, he'd basically act as an enhanced bag of holding, I'm hoping.
Post edited by Jidokwon on

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    I just checked chapter 2 HotU. x2_onitemactive is the script in OnItemActivate and the bottle is the first if statement. You can copy that if statement to any module you want, but I'm not sure about the store yet. I'd need to dig deeper to see if there's something that's creating the merchant, or what.
    After some more digging, it does indeed create a merchant object if it has not been created already... Looks like it's an empty store, and they add all the items in based on what chapter you're playing. If you're playing an HotU chapter, it just won't add any items.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    @ForSerious

I'm still very unfamiliar with how exactly I should best be going about searching through the new Vault, but I did come across https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/prefab/item/djinni-store. Even though the project and description include Volkarian, using his name in the search window turned up zero results for me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's possible to format searching in the newer Vault as it was possible to do in the original Vault or not.
    edited August 2022
    Oh. I also don't know much about the vault. I only download from it if someone points me directly to it—from, like here. There's a lot of good stuff on there, but also there's a lot of fluff. At least that's how it used to be.
    Either way, you don't need anything from it.

What I was trying to say earlier, is that, to get it to work on any module you want, just copy that if statement from x2_onitemactive, into the existing module OnActivateItem script.
    And make sure you have the bottle that summons him.
    I missed an important 'not' in my last post. To get the store to have items, there is another script x2_genie_store. In that script, it checks the module tag and some local variables to determine what items to populate the store with. If you are not in a HotU module, it won't add any items. But you can still sell to the store.
    You'd have to modify x2_genie_store if you wanted the store to always offer items.

Let me know if you need more help on this.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    There's a lot of good stuff on there, but also there's a lot of fluff. At least that's how it used to be.

It still is B)

TR