Skip to content

NVIDIA Driver 516.40 Issues

With the most recent release of NVIDIA's new driver various graphical portions of NWN:EE have ceased to function. The primary one that people seem to be noticing is the water in the game whenever "Shiny Water" is enabled. When "Shiny Water" is enabled all that can been seen in place of the water is a blank white texture. The other thing that some users have noticed is that animations for spells, weapons and other items have just disappeared. I just wanted to bring this up so that your folks at Beamdog are made aware of the issue and might be able to deliver a hotfix ASAP.

Here's a link to the discussion on steam as well just to pull it altogether.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/0/3415431848988275301/

Any news on this issue would also be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Just downgrade to the previous version until NVidia resolves the issue.
  • VengeanceBringerVengeanceBringer Member Posts: 9
    Just downgrade to the previous version until NVidia resolves the issue.

I have and of course it has fixed the issue. This post was just to let them know in another location that the issue is happening. Light the hypothetical fire under people.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I just wanted to bring this up so that your folks at Beamdog are made aware of the issue and might be able to deliver a hotfix ASAP.

This is a problem that is acknowledged and will be solved by Nvidia. Thanks for posting on this forum, though.
  • VengeanceBringerVengeanceBringer Member Posts: 9
    I just wanted to bring this up so that your folks at Beamdog are made aware of the issue and might be able to deliver a hotfix ASAP.

This is a problem that is acknowledged and will be solved by Nvidia. Thanks for posting on this forum, though.

Always happy to if it raises awareness. The troubles I usually have are far and few between (which is awesome). Thanks for the heads up. Good to know that the issue is being looked into.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2022
    Nvidia Game Ready Driver 516.59 released 6/28/2022. I just downloaded it and chose a clean install on the menu prompt. Hopefully, this will resolve any issues.

Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on