Skip to content

BG2EE Mod install order

mr_planescapistmr_planescapist Member Posts: 19
edited April 2022 in General Modding
My current mod install order, around 66 mods with their latest versions. Everything working fine for now.

Notice that some mods like Item revisions, Spell revisions, Iwdfication are installed at two separate places for some components.
Also Included a quick view of the folders with mod name and version.
cwtevosnjue6.jpg

Ascension 2.017

Every Mod and Dog v11
The tower of deception 4.0.3
Assassinations v17
Back to Brynnlaw v9
The sell swords v9
Tales of the deep garden v12.6
Innershade v10.4
The white queen v6.8
I shall never forget v5.8
Eilistraee song 6.8
Southern edge 3.4
Oozes loundge 2.92
Tangleisle 2.6

Imoen Friendship v3.6
Angelo v8
Xulaye v2.0
Varshoon v6.4
Yvette romance 4.1
Adrian v5.0
Arath v4.0 !
Kelsey v6

Banter pack v17
IEP extended banter v5.7

Viconia friendship v4.5
Mazzy friedship v3.5
Yoshimo friendship 4.5
Yoshimos remorse V2
Jans Extended quest1.5
Korgan friendship v1.6
Valygar friendship v1.4
Sarevok friendship v2.6
NPC flirt pack v1.07
Romantic encounters v15
Haerdalis friendship v1.2
Cerned friendship v1.3
Minsc friendship v1.2
Fade v5.6

Lucy the wyvern v5.0
Logre et le gnome une histoire de bleu V2
Almaterias restoration project v8.4

Unfinished business v28
Dingos quest pack v3.5
Alternatives v15
The wheels of prophecy v8.3
Crossed banter pack v19

The unusual oddities shop v5.0
Cliffkey v7
Jans Alchemy v8.1

Item Revisions V4b10 + revised (1) 1.3.4 <main component only>
IWDification V2 (1) <all but NOT bard songs component>
Spell revisions + revised (1) 1.3.201 <main components>

NPCkit V5
Animal Companion 1.7
Song and silence v10
Sword and fist v9
Rogue rebalancing v4.92

IWDification V2 (2) <Bard songs component>

Spell revisions (2) V4 Beta18 1.3.201 <update NPC spellbook component>

Item revisions (2) v4 beta10 1.3.4 <other components>
Unique artifacts v7.2

The tweaks anthology V9
Sword coast stratagems v33.7
Atweaks v4.53

PaintbgeeV2.1

Comments

• barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Great job keeping that jenga tower stable. I'm here because I was thinking of adding another mod which I think has reached maturity - G3's Spell Revisions. My question is two fold; how do you install it (no information in the readme or Github documents) and secondly why do you have it installed twice?
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    edited February 9
    In lieu and spirit of mr_planescapist's showing his mod installation order
    from about two years ago, here is the one I am using for my current run-through
    in 2024. My next run-through will happen some time in the middle of 2024 or so,
    probably exploring the shaman (for Lava's mod) and bard theme overall (in general,
    as I used to hate bards, but the bard mod looks interesting).

So, first, the list I am currently using (I am using a few other mods; and often
    I found that Lava's mods work very well, so I tend to install them first if
    possible):

- Unfinished_Business # 01
    - Tales_of_the_Deep_Gardens # 02
    - The_White_Queen # 03
    - The_Ooze_Lounge # 04
    - BridgesBlock # 05
    - Alabaster_Sands # 06
    - The_Sellswords # 07
    - Eilistraee # 08
    - Trials_of_the_Luremaster_mod # 09
    - Tangled_Oak_Isle # 10
    - The_journey_to_the_Whin_Hill # 11
    - Tower_of_Deception # 12
    - Assassinations # 13
    - willowisp # 14
    - The_Luxley_Family-v2.0.0 # 15
    - Every_mod_and_dog # 16
    - Mystigan # 17
    - NeverwinterNights-0.94 # 18
    - Back_to_Brynnlaw # 19
    - TestYourMettle-v1.4 # 20
    - The_Dreadful_Tales_In_Love_Undeath # 21
    - The_Dreadful_Tales_Juniper_and_the_Stone_Leech # 22
    - DAWAP-v5 # 23
    - Southern_Edge # 24
    - BloodiedStingsOfBarovia # 25
    - Romantic_Encounters # 26
    - Dvaradime # 27
    - Innershade # 28
    - Pai-Na-NPC-mod-for-BG2-EE-1.8a # 29
    - One_Item_Mod_to_Rule_them_All # 30 # this is actually rebranded from Unofficial_Item_Pack, but I haven't yet modified it that much; the long term goal is to bundle all useful items into a single mod
    - ItemUpgrade # 31
    - Reunion_mod # 32
    - Made_in_Heaven_mod # 33
    - Ascalons-questpack # 34
    - Quest_Pack # 35
    - forgotten-armament-v4.0 # 36
    - Fishing_for_Trouble # 37
    - Homeward_Bound # 38
    - ruad-rofhessa-item-upgrade-v29.4.0 # 39
    - Heroes_Thieves_and_Moneylenders # 40
    - heart_of_the_wood # 41, an item
    - I_Shall_Never_Forget # 42, by Lava
    - saradas-magic-for-BG2 # 43, a new NPC
    - NPC-Dusk-MOD-v1.5.0-13.12.2023 # 44, may be better to install it fairly late.
    - tactics-remix-v0.6.2 # 45
    - wheels # 46, Wheels of Prophecy
    - Tweaks_Anthology # 47
    - Skip_Chateau_Irenicus # 48; should come late

(The above may not appear evenly spaced; I use a mono-spaced font in my editor for my
    local text files. Not sure how this may look on the webforum or how to make use of a
    mono-spaced font for the above. Anyway.)

Some words to the above.

So far I have no problem with the above; only one bug, which is the mage dagger bug from
    the planar sphere, where I get tons of more spells - not sure why, but I can reproduce this
    reliably now.

What is important to say is that the above is on a CLEAN install. I know that if I install another
    mod now, after having started a game, and weidu wants to re-install things (or I upgrade it),
    then all sorts of strange problems will occur, e. g. string descriptions that show up in place
    of other strings. This is not solely the fault of weidu alone, as I understand it, because I
    assume one or two of the above mods make changes that are incompatible with weidu (or
    weidu does not detect that this then leads to problems), but for whatever the reason, the
    weidu feature of reinstalling everything does not work for me at all. I try to avoid it these
    days, and, lo and behold, finally things seem to work really well (so far).

Why is skip chateau coming last? For some reason when I invoke weidu.exe, it tries to
    update things, but then it hangs on skip chateau (and also one or two more mods). I
    am not sure as to why that is so, other mods don't show this problem, so I suspect that
    something isn't working 100% with skip chateau. But I only need it to skip the first
    dungeon anyway; after that I can play the game (after having done the first dungeon
    for like 100 times, I really need to be able to skip it).

Some more about old mods: although many old mods were adapted or adjusted for
    BG2EE, from my experience these old mods have tons of problems, often more subtle
    ones, sometimes interesting ones such as the messenger that crashes the game (but
    you can snipe him off via the timestop item, as someone else pointed out on the
    webforum - that was a useful hint, but these days I simply avoid mods that have
    such bugs). Many of the old mods contain interesting things. For instance, the Drizzt
    mod, I love the arena, but it had several bugs, and the overall mod is also buggy (at
    the least it was to me). But the idea of an arena was great. So perhaps someone can
    take useful things from other mods and put them into a new, improved mod, such
    as the lichdom mod. The only problem I had with the latter one was that I needed to
    install yet another mod to be able to play lichdom right now, and I can only do so
    for a completely new run, because I know weidu will create problems otherwise
    again when it tries to reinstall things.

I also rarely install NPC mods, unless the NPCs are of a fairly high quality (but often
    I skip them). For instance, Dusk NPC mod is great; Lava's Dwaradime is also very
    good; Skitia's NPCs also are storyline-centric (though a few of them I feel are a
    bit too underpowered, or respectively other NPC mods are a bit too overpowered,
    depends on how you want to view it). By and large, though, I found that NPC mods
    often cause more problems than one would assume to be there; I am not sure
    why, but I found NPC mods often problematic. But there is a practical reason too:
    if I have to manually install something then I prefer to bundle it into as few
    manual steps as possible. This is why I'd love NPC mods to be bundled together,
    e. g. to install several NPCs (Skitia's mod does that).

As for the installation steps: I tend to always say "yes" when I want to view the
    README (I found that this is better than saying no, some mods stopped at once
    after I hit no there), I also worked through slowly. cmd.exe seems to have some
    problems if you work too quickly. I also waited until a mod was installed
    completely - I noticed that when a mod begins to be updated by weidu.exe,
    if I copy a new mod to the same base directory, weidu.exe instantly picks it
    up and wants to do things, which probably may cause issues. So I stopped doing
    that, and it seems that if you install things more slowly, in the long term you also
    have fewer issues that way.

I am also testing the recent tactics remix mod again (save for any changes to
    dragons or irenicus in general; tactics remix is not the only one there). The old
    issue of tactics remix interfering with Dusk NPC is no longer an issue because
    Dusk's allies were moved to another location, and that works actually better
    overall (plus they got their own area now - perhaps even a cellar with
    treasure one day!). So tactics remix can be recommended for more experienced
    players looking for challenges, but it's still hard in certain situations; Kangaxx
    took me a few more tries until I figured out a reliable routine. The fight where
    you get the staff of magi is still pretty hard. Anyway - hopefully that can be of
    help for those who struggle with installation orders in general. Probably many
    more mods can be installed that work fine; maybe one day we have some
    kind of reliable auto-installer that can skip manual installation completely
    (for instance, something like "ensure english is used"; I sometimes mis-install
    and then suddenly have russian symbols, sometimes because some mods
    don't assign 0 as english, but instead another number, and I am too quickly
    typing to correct that, or notice only at a later time.)