Skip to content

So What the Hell?

Abortion - penis enlargement. I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to be here? Are we hacked?

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Spam. Just flag it.

TR
  • KendaricKendaric Member Posts: 9
    Yeah, it seems like spammers are out in force, it's incredibly annoying.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    For paid forum software, it has rotten support for detecting spam/accounts. Some forums use stopforumspam.com's database to stop accounts from posting if detected at the time of the post. I know neverwintervault has something like that setup there to combat the spam bots.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    For paid forum software, it has rotten support for detecting spam/accounts. Some forums use stopforumspam.com's database to stop accounts from posting if detected at the time of the post. I know neverwintervault has something like that setup there to combat the spam bots.

Remember that since the forum migration it's the open-source Vanilla forum software only. Not "paid forum software" and yes, it's being worked on. Meanwhile, we try to catch and ban them ASAP.

If anyone spots posts, especially those hidden in other threads, please flag them, but if possible NOT with the flag at the bottom right, because that only shows up on their profile.
    Please use the flag function at the top of the post next to the date.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2022
    @Arvia said -
    If anyone spots posts, especially those hidden in other threads, please flag them, but if possible NOT with the flag at the bottom right, because that only shows up on their profile.
    Please use the flag function at the top of the post next to the date.

I never even noticed that one. Even if I had, I would have thought it was identical to the other one. Any chance of at least changing the colour of the important one to red or something?

One suggestion to catch them is if the thread title contains a phone number or says helps instead of help...

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As Arvia said, the reason for this increased wave of spammers is us moving to the self-hosted forum. We're working on adding anti-spam protection, please bear with us.