Skip to content

Favorite Joinable Cleric in the BG series?

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
Yeah, another one of these polls. I just. Really like getting to see everyone's opinions on stuff.
  1. Favorite Joinable Cleric in the BG series?224 votes
    1. Branwen
      12.05%
    2. Tiax
        4.46%
    3. Quayle
        0.89%
    4. Viconia
      46.88%
    5. Yeslick
        9.38%
    6. Aerie
      18.75%
    7. Anomen
        6.25%
    8. You are forgetting someone.
        1.34%
Mortianna

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Especially when she's modded as a Nightcloak of Shar.
    Eudaemonium
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Definitely Viconia, though the quality of her romance might make me partial.
    QuartzZinodin
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Gee, a poll involving Viconia.

I wonder what the results will be ....

Moomintrollcyberhawk
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2012
    Quayle on 10% of the total vote thus far. Aces!
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    It's a straight up tie between Quayle and Aerie for me.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Viconia is my favorite NPC in the game of any class. She is the only 'permanent' member of my party aside from my PC. If I hadn't played the romance plot I think she would still be an interesting character, but probably not as much as she is with it.

The Viconia romance plot is what really caused me to care about by Viconia as a person and is why I value her so highly in my party. This is something that usually only happens when I read really well written novels and is the first time it has happened when I'm playing a computer game.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Hahaha. I love me some Quayle, but Viconia ... no, you don't want to know how I feel about Viconia.
    Shin
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I prefer human clerics, so I voted for Branwen. From what I remember of Anomen, he was kind of a jerk. My second would be Yeslick, since dwarven clerics are cool too.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I like Aerie too much, decent stats for a cleric / mage, and lots of spells.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    If she ever found out I'd voted for someone else ...
    ARKdeEREH
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Was there ever any doubt about the result of this poll? Viconia rocks, greats cleric stats, great voice/portraits, great plot...
    Quartz
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    damn.. who do I always seem to be part of the majority in these polls :(
    That being said Viconia without a doubt
    QuartzARKdeEREH
  • SamwiseSamwise Member Posts: 5
    Yeslick was my favourite Char in BG and so also my favourite cleric. But sometimes I had also Viconia in my group and in BG2 Viconia, Aerie or Anomen because Yeslick was no joinable Character.
  • GM1984GM1984 Member Posts: 14
    Never use a Cleric in the first game seems like a waste of an NPC but in BG2 I always take Anoman or Jahiera along as they both double up as a Fighter.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    edited November 2012
    I never really played Viconia very much, so I think if I did, I'd probably end up liking her a bit more, based on what everyone's saying.

Anyway, I pick Branwen. I love the voice, the picture, and how dependable she is. Unfortunately, she doesn't get much in the way of personality, so I guess I overcompensated with my imagination.

Although I have to say, cleric Xzar is pretty damn amusing!
    Jairyanna
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    depends on whether i play good or evil
    viconia if evil
    aerie if good
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Tiax for his summon ghast
    QuartzEudaemonium
    I never knew Aerie was so popular. I would have put money on Anomen being next after Viconia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Branwen is a close second for me. Viconia wins because: A) She's in the entire series. B) It's personally interesting to me to have an evil cleric in a good party.
    @Shandyr I usually play female PCs, so Anomen was my only option before the Edwin romance mod came out. I recall Aerie trying to start something of a romance once when I played a male PC, but I dumped her off too early to find out how that went. With Viconia and Edwin in the party, who needs a cleric/mage?
    Raistlin82
    Mortianna said:

With Viconia and Edwin in the party, who needs a cleric/mage?

I've still done it. Pretty awesome spell-casting skills with those three together, just make sure everyone else is some form of Fighter. Someone pointed out that Aerie with Robe of Vecna + Amulet of Power is awesome, and that is quite true. Wicked fast spell-casting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Interesting to see how well Yeslick is doing. That's cool though, he's a Fighter/Cleric (which rocks), and he's a pretty pleasant individual to have around.

The only ones I dislike in the poll: Anomen, for his personality. I don't have a burning hatred for him, just a minor annoyance. He's not bad. Branwen, she is so boring it's painful. Tiax, for being a thief with a 16 Dexterity which just isn't enough dammit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CaptRory
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I like Branwen. She's cute and she has a sexy accent and she's not a bad cleric. And her special hammer ability helps out a lot if she's recruited early.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @Mortianna: You know what, until this moment I didn't even know there was a mod to change Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar. Heck, I didn't even know what a Nightcloak was. Thanks!
    Oxford_GuyMortianna
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

@Mortianna: You know what, until this moment I didn't even know there was a mod to change Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar. Heck, I didn't even know what a Nightcloak was. Thanks!

Yes, that sounds quite fun! :-)

@Shandyr @Quartz I can see how Aerie could be a force to be reckoned with if she's wearing a Robe of Vecna, Amulet of Power, and has Spell Sequencers and Contingencies prepared. Being able to mix divine and arcane spells while Vocalized and having a reduced casting time by 5 (robe + amulet), she could very well wipe the dungeon floor with any cleric or mage at higher levels.

@Eudaemonium @Oxford_Guy The Nightcloak's divine weapon "Chakram of Night" is most awesome, and they get several useful granted spells as well. The only downside is the cost of one divine spell per level and restricted access to a number of divine spheres. Divine Remix adds a number of new spells as well that are pretty cool.
    Eudaemonium[Deleted User]
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2012
    Hard to decide between Branwen and Vico. I picked Branwell in hopes of Beamdog adding her into BG 2 :)