Skip to content

Scroll case and Gem bag not importing

Do scroll cases and gem bags import from BG EE into SOD? I have one game which was an auto start as a result of completing BG EE. That one the scroll case and Gem bag have come across.

I doing another run through. It's not finished but the characters are all maxed on Xp, so I thought I would import that but the scroll case and gem bag hasn't come across.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure they do, are you using any mods? and if so, do they affect the in game bags as is?
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    No mods installed
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    If you're playing in the SoD engine (which I always do), then SoD will start automatically on Sarevok's death and all equipment will be the same. I'm not sure what happens if you import from a saved game, but I'm pretty sure you don't get containers if you import from character files.
    sarevok57
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't recall if containers import, but their contents do not. If you want something to carry over, take it out of the bags.

If the game just continues from BG to SoD on its own. you're fine.
    To answer my own question, just in case anyone wants to know.

Ran some tests. Did a save with the party in the temple and everything dead except Sarevok.

Import save:
    Scroll case, gem bag and potion case don't import. Characters get a load of extra items

Kill Sarevok and let it auto import.
    Characters get no extra items except for the keys. Potion case, scroll case and gem bag including contents come across if they are not on Imoen. If they are on Imoen they didn't transfer to another character. I haven't tested, if end up in her chest in the Palace.

sarevok57Grond0JuliusBorisovZaxares
  • SkettSkett Member Posts: 5
    Is this on iso (iPad)
    Been trying to find the answer to this question for days nothing is clear at all that I’ve read so far
    Think iPad version works differently. Above is on the PC version. There was another thread that mentioned this. Wil try to find it
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    On iPad and iPhone (iOS) no containers get transfered.

You have to unpack and carefully choose your items when you export your savegame or character. Wish there where a workaround for this.
  • AgenesiaAgenesia Member Posts: 18
    For those that use iPad have you had any luck with transferring saves to pc amd back? My saves won't load once i get them back on the ipad.
  • wall_numeralwall_numeral Member Posts: 9
    Agenesia wrote: »
    For those that use iPad have you had any luck with transferring saves to pc amd back? My saves won't load once i get them back on the ipad.
    same I am really annoyed by it

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Sorry. It cant be done….

You have to unload your containers and transfer your toons without the containers.

You can choose to pick up some extra help for the final fight, and let your NPC’s carry some stuff as well. As long as it is in their inventory, you can export them and their stuff to the first dungeon in SoD (where I hope Beandog will put a bag of holding for carrying stuff some day).