Skip to content

Can I rerecruit Montaron & Xzar if I remove them from the party?

Greetings, all!

Can I rerecruit Montaron & Xzar if I remove them from the party? I wanted to borrow them for awhile then place them somewhere I could get them later. Does this work for this duo in BG1EE? If not, what mods would make it work for EET?

Thankee!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Generally, yes. They'll only disappear from the game completely if you don't recruit them at all before chapter 3 or if you lose them due to paragon reputation. And once recruited, they'll stick around wherever you leave them, with re-recruitment possible as long as you don't have a paragon reputation.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jmerry
    Thankee!

Since their quest to visit Nashkel is timed, what happens to that quest timer if they're out of the party?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited July 2022
    Not checked until they're back in the party. When they rejoin, you'd better have either (a) started chapter 2, or (b) not have expired the timer yet.
    Also, it's a three-stage timer. You get two warnings before they leave. And those warnings only happen if they're in the party to talk to you, so having them out of the party really isn't that bad. When you bring them back, that stage of the timer might have expired, but the next stage doesn't start until they get the chance to complain.