Skip to content

How to get Original Campaign content (that exist now as standard resources) to work properly?

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
edited July 2022 in Official Campaigns
There's a decent chunk of SoU and HotU content that are now showing (in the toolset, at least) as standard resources. If I play any character that's been exported out these campaigns, however, almost nothing that they have will work properly. I'm wondering if I've done something wrong on my end. Nasher's set, for instance, should just about double in power when equipped as a set. I get that Volkarian isn't likely going to have most of his HotU conversations available, but why is he and his store showing as standard resources, when they don't work properly? What am I missing here? And is there an easy fix to make these things work properly?

Edit: Do they just exist now in the toolset only as standard resources? Beamdog and/or Bioware just never updated the actual game to use this kind of content properly?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Nasher's set requires the OnEquip script from HOTU where it checks to make sure the PC is wearing all the items, and if so, applies the full set bonus for wearing the gloves, boots, cloak and ring. You can get it by opening up HOTU and using the script editor on x2_onequip, find the line of code to use for the module you are building.

If you are wanting to play a module with your exported character wearing the full set, you will want to add the snippet of code from x2_onequip and add it to the module's OnEquip script, save it, then save the module so the changes take place. Then the full set bonus would be applied in that modified module.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Items in NWN don't have event scripts.

Those scripts which fire when item-related events occur are, strictly speaking, a module property.

That's why they don't appear in the toolset.

I'm not sure why it's designed that way.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    Essentially, it's what Sylvus_Moonbow said. You need the code from the OnEquipItem script which applies the bonuses for having the full set equipped. You will also need the complementary code from the OnUnequipItem script which removes the bonus if any item from the set is unequipped.
    Depending on how your module is used (multi-player for example), you may also need OnPlayerEnter code to restore the set bonuses following a server reset.