Skip to content

Can't move files into 'user' folder for NWN:EE Android

527527 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Technical Support
Hi,
I purchased NWN:EE Android a few days ago and am attempting to add a couple of small mods to the game, just a few .hak files and maybe some portraits. I'm following this guide but have found that I'm unable to move files to or create new folders in the 'user' folder (LE2110\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.beamdog.nwnandroid\files\user). I recieve an error message which reads
"The new folder could not be created in this location. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected".
When copying files, instead I recieve no error message and merely an error sound, with no files copied. I've tried the workaround here , but it simply copies the 'data' folder only and not the 'user' folder or version.text.

Other things I've tried:
  • Deleting the user folder on my phone. This results in a similar error message to the above one and a progress bar hanging at 0% reading "Deleting..."
  • Changing USB cables, USB ports, and blowing to clear dust from both my phone, the USB cables and my PC's USB ports.
  • Copying files elsewhere onto the phone. I have no issues doing this, so it just appears to be this one folder

I'm on Windows 10 and Android 11.

EDIT: Tried using this workaround and now the game crashes upon tapping "New". I have no portraits installed so I'm not sure what else would be causing this. I also tried using this method, then clearing the cache and data on the phone without uninstalling the app. This fixed the crash problem and now the .hak files are indeed there where they should be, but the game doesn't seem to detect them as I can't use them ingame.

If anyone could please help me I'd be grateful; I'm going on holiday in about 3 days and would like to be able to have these mods working for then. Thank you
Post edited by 527 on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    When you say you used "this workaround", did you try using X-plore or other Android file manager that doesn't have the Android 11 permissions issue, mentioned later in that thread?

If not, try copying the NWN custom folders to (say) Android Downloads using Windows + USB, then use X-plore (or whatever) to cut and paste to the correct location.
  • 527527 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I didn't use them initially for whatever reason. I was only transferring via Windows+USB. I've since tried X-plore and Speed's Explorer mentioned here at the top but get similar errors; see this
    gallery for screenshots.

I also tried the AOSP file explorer and that didn't even show up the root data folder (LE2110\Internal shared storage\Android\data). My phone is a Oneplus 9 (LE2110). Not sure if any developers are browsing, just thought I'd post that in case one is. Thank you for your reply also.
  • pwenpwen Member Posts: 2
    I have this same issue.