Skip to content

[Released] Black Hearts - BG1

Comments

• AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    edited August 2021
    Endarire wrote: »
    @AWizardDidIt
    Next week is the soonest I can work in earnest on the item proposals for this mod. Thankee for your patience!

I still have a lot of work left, so no rush!
    This looks quite intriguing. I'm looking forward to trying it out once I play BG again and it's available!

I like SoD and so am pleased that there will be some additional content for it. (The main thing I dislike about SoD is that, like ToB, there is little mod material for it.)

I'm glad you're interested in it! Just a word of caution... don't get too excited for a ton of new SoD content. I'm still thinking out the specifics, but what I have planned so far is a small murder mystery that I doubt will end up being too long. It will mostly just serve to bridge the gap between my mod and ToB.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Shavarath - the Eberronian cosmology plane where celestials, demons, devils, and sometimes also mortals continually fight - seemed like a fitting place to set your mod. (Google "Shavarath Plane" for more info!)
    Update to this week's pretty short! I finished up creation of the last 3 area maps in terms of the various maps and wall objects needed to traverse them. I've started on scripting but this will likely be a slow process. Lots to do there and unfortunately this week is pretty busy for me so I may not get a lot done, but I'm just going to keep on chipping away at it :)
    @AWizardDidIt
    Thankee for your update! You can do it! <cheerleads with pom poms> Alleluia!
    @AWizardDidIt
    Since Tuesday, I've worked diligently on this item list of things that seemed appealing to me and apt for BG1EE/EET. Read the Design Philosophy section!

As mentioned in this Google Doc, anyone is welcome to use these items/ideas so long as they credit me. Go ahead and mod, everyone, and enjoy! Alleluia!
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    Just giving my 5 cents here.

The mod and it’s ideas look awesome. Awizarddidit is surely on the right track - and as I have said elsewhere, the modding scene looks strong with many new and most certainly some “still going very strong” modders they can lean on - thanks to all of you.

I have deep respect for Lavas words of caution: a modder is perhaps already filled up with work to do, when making a mod. The topic is off course quite sensitive, and I hope we will focus on the meaning of the words and not only the form.
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    Agreed. I am sure many modders appreciate feedback on work or ideas that they have published, but simply going "hey stop whatever you're doing and attend to my wish list instead" is rather rude. To quote from another thread in this subforum where the same thing happened recently: Sounds like a good reason for you to get into modding yourself.

Anyway, back on topic. AWizardDidIt, what you have so far looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing your mod when you're happy with it.
  • GorionixGorionix Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2021
    I will join the comments. Make your mod according to your idea, and then add new different additions as desired.
    And do not be afraid of different comments, the feedback will be after the release of your particular idea of ​​the mod.
    edited August 2021
    Hi all! Thanks for the support! I missed an update last week because of it being my last week in a certificate course I'm taking so I needed to plug in on that and step away from modding, but I'm plugging back away at it a little at a time. I'm working on getting the final scripting and encounters set up for my dungeon zone, including a few dialogue encounters so it's taking some time.

@Endarire
    Thank you for sharing me on that. I did take a casual look at the list and a lot of these things unfortunately are beyond my ability to mod right now but I might try to see what I can do to get a few things in. I really think though with as much thought as you've put into these, that you try to take up some modding yourself! Modding items isn't too hard and it's a great way to get started learning IE modding. This youtube video especially was really helpful (I'm pretty sure the video creator posts here). I'd watch the whole series if you can but this one below specifically goes into how you'd create an item (it says making a quest, but includes instructions for making an item too).

[MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNX2W4wIfQ[/MEDIA]
    Post edited by AWizardDidIt on
    @AWizardDidIt
    Thankee!
    @AWizardDidIt
    How fares progress on this mod?

I'm eager to hear about updates!
    edited September 2021
    Paused by the recent release of Wrath of the Righteous haha.

Well, not totally paused. I basically force myself to get *one* thing done for the mod each day, even if it's just an item, creature, or a line of dialogue, just so I make sure it's always in my mind.

I'll get back to it in full, but goodness is WotR good and doing everything in its power to distract me
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited September 2021
    Paused by the recent release of Wrath of the Righteous haha.

I hear you, man. It's hard to focus on some mundane stuff. Owlcat did it right this time :)
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    I guess you are not working on this anymore, am I wrong ?
    @AWizardDidIt
    We're still interested in this Black Hearts mod! How fares progress?
    @AWizardDidIt
    Since it's been about 10 months, how fares progress? Surely, Wrath of the Righteous didn't keep you from modding BG for that long!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited July 2022
    Such big and ambitious projects have a tendency to die in silence.
    @AWizardDidIt
    Hihihihi!
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 51
    Please tell me this project hasn't died. It looks and sounds incredible. If only there was a way to bring the modder and project back to life...

*starts casting spell*

"Vita, Mortis, Careo..."
    @Dalmir_The_Dark
    BP in BG AKA Black Pits in BGEE & EET adds the Black Pits area into BG1.

@AWizardDidIt
    We still are interested in this finished mod. Thankee! Alleluia!

Hmmm.... Interesting. As it just so happens I'm about to start a brand new playthrough of Baldur's Gate to try out Lava's Shades of the Sword Coast. I think I'll try out your Black Pits in BGEE mod as well while I'm at it. :smile:
    subtledoctor made that mod. I just mentioned it. Thankee!
    @Dalmir_The_Dark
    BP in BG AKA Black Pits in BGEE & EET adds the Black Pits area into BG1.

@AWizardDidIt
    We still are interested in this finished mod. Thankee! Alleluia!

So this is less an update and more an explanation, but I unfortunately got sidetracked by life for about 6 months and by the time I found myself with free time to work on things, I found I wasn't even sure how to restart on it. And my enthusiasm for BG had waned some.

I still want to finish this. The mod's probably 75% of the way there. When will I be able to get back to it? Not sure, but just know it's not totally abandoned. It's still my intention to finish it. I just can't say when.
    @AWizardDidIt
    Just know we're cheerin' for ya, Wiz! You can do it! Alleluia!
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear you're still interested in finishing it at some point, life comes first of course tho :smile:
    @AWizardDidIt
    Know that the progress from your first post of this thread encouraged me - and likely many others - and inspired me to inquire of you and request you finish it. The mod looked so spiffy and I imagined enjoying it.

Thankee!
    Well, I decided the last couple nights to try and figure out where I left off.

Turns out, I am kinda pushing through some things I got stuck on before. I can see myself making some steady progress on this. I might cut back some of the scope of what I was going to do though in the interests of getting it done. I had an idea for a resolution to Tamoko's character if you let her live at the end of BG in SOD, but that might be out of the scope of the project and also I feel like Tamoko's fate is probably handled by some other mod or mods that I don't wanna step on the toes of.

Some things I'm considering, anyway. We will see how things go.
    I'm happy to see you've regained your interest in this project. It would be a terrible waste of an incredible idea if this project was to be left unfinished. I'm glad to see you're feeling inspired again.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2022
    This is a really great update.

I don't know any mod that touches Tamoko extensively, so I think you could work on that too, if you found the will to do so.

Cheers.