Skip to content

2.6 beta updates for Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions (Android)

2»

Comments

• DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    Wait again... beta still installing for BG2....

Now it's done. Asking for location permissions again?? Accept and.... it works!
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I didn't accept location permission and it still worked. But yeah the file is quite extensive, you have to be patient for it to install completely.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Regarding the location permissions, the game warns you that you are not on Wi-Fi when you start multiplayer on Android now. The game also notifies you when you fall off of Wi-Fi during a game. For both of these notifications, the game needs access to your Wi-Fi status.

Unfortunately, Android wraps that up in the Location permission. We don't access location, we just need to check if you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point or not.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Thanks for the clarification. I assumed it was because of multiplayer and therefore didn't enable it, not because I feared being spied on. But it's interesting to know that Android links access to Wi-Fi connection with location permission, because I've been wondering with several apps why on earth they'd need my location. Now it makes more sense.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    It's because modern Wi-Fi offer location services themselves to assist with Navigation, so if you can access Wlan information you can also determine the location (usually).
  • YahveYahve Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I have tried the release and also beta version of Icewind Dale, but I can't access the contents of android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale, so I have no way of using custom portraits or managing saves. Or getting to Baldur.lua.

Are there any workarounds I should be aware of?
    I tried deleting temp/cache with no results.
  • YahveYahve Member Posts: 7
    Also, there's no option for android 12 in the feedback form :)
  • funkknucklefunkknuckle Member Posts: 3
    I'm on version 2.6.6.1 on android for BG1, BG2, and IWD. I'm a beta tester on all of these apps, but I don't see a way to update to 2.6.6.6?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I'm on version 2.6.6.1 on android for BG1, BG2, and IWD. I'm a beta tester on all of these apps, but I don't see a way to update to 2.6.6.6?

Opt-out of the beta version to play the latest live version.
  • nhuk97nhuk97 Member Posts: 8
    new updates looks Shit...
    Characters,text evething is blurry....
    do anyone knows how to fix the graphics.?