Skip to content

Problem importing from SOD to BG2EE on MacOS

I'm using Steam on MacOS Monterey (12.5.1). Went into 'Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/save' and pasted my save. Except it doesn't show up under 'Import Game' or 'New Game -> Import -> Saved Game'.

It does however show up under 'Load Game' (but immediately crashes if I try to load it.

So it seems like the game recognizes the save at least but just doesn't want to import it? Any ideas how to solve this?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    'Import Game' and 'New Game -> Import -> Saved Game' look for BGEE saves, in 'Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save'. Not BG2EE saves or anything in the BG2EE save folder. Just leave the save where it was - don't copy it over.

The save formats are mostly the same between games, but the area data is completely different. For a save during SoD in particular, you're in area "bd****", and there are no areas with the "bd" prefix in BG2EE. So it tries to load the game, sees that where you are doesn't make sense, and gives up immediately.
  • ReiRei Member Posts: 66
    jmerry wrote: »
    'Import Game' and 'New Game -> Import -> Saved Game' look for BGEE saves, in 'Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save'. Not BG2EE saves or anything in the BG2EE save folder. Just leave the save where it was - don't copy it over.

Thanks! Figures I was overcomplicating things. In my defense, those were actually old saves and I've never even had BG1EE installed on this computer. Worked just fine by manually creating the 'Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save' folder though!