Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2022
    Yeah the dialogue just ends I'm not stuck or anything. Oh if it's just the Brynn temple then that's easily worked around :) I should've bought all my supplies before heading off anyway :joy:

Also thanks again for the Adalon convo tweaks. It flows so much better now.
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    You're welcome @Ryz009

And if you can tell us the last line you get before it ends, we can check our code at some point to see if we did something there.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    I do have one issue. I use the dorn romance mod which kind of *requires* him to lose his patron to make sense and if I try to talk to the vendor in an evil temple I can't use the shop it just cuts off D: Which is kind of annoying during Brynnlaw. Can I get like a dialogue option to no sell that or something?

You have the Dorn Romance expansion?

We do have a line in the shop in Brynnlaw, maybe there's a conflict. As Ratatoskr asked, what's the last line before it stops?
    Yeah the dialogue just ends I'm not stuck or anything. Oh if it's just the Brynn temple then that's easily worked around :) I should've bought all my supplies before heading off anyway :joy:

Another question, is it before or after Spellhold (have you completed Spellhold or not)?
    BCaesar wrote: »
    I do have one issue. I use the dorn romance mod which kind of *requires* him to lose his patron to make sense and if I try to talk to the vendor in an evil temple I can't use the shop it just cuts off D: Which is kind of annoying during Brynnlaw. Can I get like a dialogue option to no sell that or something?

You have the Dorn Romance expansion?

We do have a line in the shop in Brynnlaw, maybe there's a conflict. As Ratatoskr asked, what's the last line before it stops?

One more thing: If you're back in Athkatla already, check if you have the same problem in the Temple of Talos.

I'm not seeing anything in our code that should cause a break, but I can pull open the dorn expansion mod and see if I can see what might conflict.

Another question: Was Dorn in the temple when you talked with the priest?
    edited September 2022

You could also replace this file and see if it fixes it. I attached it.

You'll find the file in AllThingsMazzy\dialogues\goodevil\soa

Just unintall the mod, replace the old _bdornquest.d with the one that's zipped and attached to this post and reinstall. See if that fixes the dialogue.

I added a redundancy that could fix whatever the issue is. Makes the coding a little more break-proof. It was the only thing I could find so far that wasn't perfect.

You could also replace this file and see if it fixes it. I attached it.

You'll find the file in AllThingsMazzy\dialogues\goodevil\soa

Just unintall the mod, replace the old _bdornquest.d with the one that's zipped and attached to this post and reinstall. See if that fixes the dialogue.

I added a redundancy that could fix whatever the issue is. Makes the coding a little more break-proof. It was the only thing I could find so far that wasn't perfect.

Oh thanks so much! And yeah that worked :D
    If that file fixed it, I'll update the mod again with that edit as soon as I have the time.

Oh thanks so much! And yeah that worked :D

Awesome. I have no idea what it wasn't working before (logically it should've been), but glad I fixed it. That's why we always try to code as much redundancy as possible.

What's supposed to happen if you have Dorn and you talk to the priestess and Dorn's a fallen blackguard is:
    Dorn wants to get Umberlee as his new patron, the priestess accepts, and then if you talk to her after finishing spellhold (or if you already have) he gets an ability: Umberlee's embrace or something like that. If you don't get Umberlee he can do the same thing at the Temple of Talos, and he gets different abilities then.

I don't know how that Dorn romance expansion affects that though, so maybe something in that mod was changing things and required me to add the condition for the dialogue triggering to avoid it breaking.
    Yeah oddly enough for some reason even when I went along with it he wasn't getting the ability (even if I decided to kill the Spellhold dude after the conversation. Nothing happened if I did it ahead of time either).

I gotta restart this run anyway. Somehow my romance got nuked in the underdark and my stupid self has only been using quicksaves D:
    Yeah oddly enough for some reason even when I went along with it he wasn't getting the ability (even if I decided to kill the Spellhold dude after the conversation. Nothing happened if I did it ahead of time either).

I gotta restart this run anyway. Somehow my romance got nuked in the underdark and my stupid self has only been using quicksaves D:

To get the ability you have to
    talk to the Umberlee priestess again (or for the first time) after defeating all of spellhold. So you can only do it if you return to Brynnlaw after facing Irenicus and finishing spellhold.

To get the ability you have to
    talk to the Umberlee priestess again (or for the first time) after defeating all of spellhold. So you can only do it if you return to Brynnlaw after facing Irenicus and finishing spellhold.

Ah that makes way more sense. Thanks
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    On the GitHub page, may we get a formal release for the newest version of this mod?

Thankee!
    @Endarire the 7 zip version on GitHub should be the newest version already. I haven't actually uploaded the most recent Dorn fix yet.

I also hadn't bothered with the other GitHub version yet because frankly it's a pain to upload and I wasn't sure if anyone was actually using it. The one attached to the front page is faster to unzip and install.

But if people do use the other GitHub version, I'll get to it when I can.
    GitHub has been my primary source for Infinity Engine mods.

Thankee!
    All right. @Endarire
    The less user friendly version of 3.08 is posted on Github :)
    For anyone keeping track of changelogs, the only real differences in the last 2 mod version uploads are a correction to the Russian translation and a fix for a compatibility issue with the Dorn romance.
    To clarify, what NPC mods did y'all use for crossmod with ATM? I ask because I want my install notes to be accurate while minimizing the number of lost PIDs.

Thankee!
    @Endarire
    There should be a text file called "List of Mods with Crossmod Content" in the download that goes into detail. I've attached it to this post as well.

But in general, there's at least some content with every default NPC romance (except Valgyar because that one was written after we were done), and a few things with Alternatives and Imoen4Ever. Then for NPCs, the most content is with Saradas and the Wilson Chronicles. Everything else tends to be some minor scripts and dialogues in ForTheEvil.
    edited October 2022
    @Ratatoskr
    Thankee! I only noticed that now because you mentioned it. Putting this information explicitly in the first post in the section on compatibility would help more people!

What do you mean by the mods called "BG2 Questpack," "COM Encounters," and "ISNF?" How to get them?

EDIT: I think BG2 Questpack is SimDing0's Quest Pack; COM is Chosen of Mystra's Encounters, and ISNF is I Shall Never Forget.

How to get Chosen of Mystra's Encounters mod since the page I found was down?
    Post edited by Endarire on
    @Endarire I'm afraid I have no idea how to get Chosen of Mystra's mods if the page is down. You may be able to find it using the Wayback Machine website, or seeing if someone cached it somewhere. We coded ATM compatibility based on the mods we had at the time, but we haven't tracked the mods past that.

ISNF is I Shall Never Forget and the Quest Pack is the one by SimDing0, yes. I listed them based on the name in my downloaded mods. But I can make that clearer next time we have reason for an update.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @Endarire
    There should be a text file called "List of Mods with Crossmod Content" in the download that goes into detail. I've attached it to this post as well.

But in general, there's at least some content with every default NPC romance (except Valgyar because that one was written after we were done), and a few things with Alternatives and Imoen4Ever. Then for NPCs, the most content is with Saradas and the Wilson Chronicles. Everything else tends to be some minor scripts and dialogues in ForTheEvil.

Hello! Your list of cross-mode texts mentions Tiax, Alora, and Yeslick. I would like to clarify which versions of these NPCs are supported with this? Only "separate" versions from the respective mods? If so, could you add the same reactions for Smiling Imp's Tiax, Alora and Yeslick? It's about this mod
    Austin87 wrote: »

Hello! Your list of cross-mode texts mentions Tiax, Alora, and Yeslick. I would like to clarify which versions of these NPCs are supported with this? Only "separate" versions from the respective mods? If so, could you add the same reactions for Smiling Imp's Tiax, Alora and Yeslick? It's about this mod

I believe it was the individual NPC mods. If the combined mod you mentioned uses the same script/character names as the separate Tiax, Alora, and Yeslick mods then it should work the same. If not then it won't. We're not adding in any more content, just bug-fixing.
    edited October 2022
    Apparently we can no longer simply Like/Agree with other posts (or my browser is broken), but BCaesar is correct. That content was coded for the individual mods and is based on the creature/dialogue files used in those mods.

If the combined version simply took the other mods and made them one download, it will work. If it created its own version of their dialogue and creature files than it won't. I'm not currently able to download that file to doublecheck, as it's getting flagged as a security risk.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    Hello! Thanks for the answer! I meant this mod (there are download links there). I officially support this mod with the permission of the author.

The NPCs from this mod have different script names. But, if you don't mind, I can prepare the necessary changes in your Megamod's code so that cross-mod lines work with both "versions" of Tiax, Alora and Yeslick.
    @Austin87 Ah, yeah, that link works better :)

If you're willing code the cross-mod content and send me the updated files, I'm happy to include them. You'd need to do the script code for Alora (SOA/TOB) in the setup tp2 file (and for redundancy, create your own script file for the crossmod scripts folder, though you could copy the existing _bAlora file code).

For dialogue, you'd need to add your version to _bClaraViconia.d (in Clara's dialogue folder) and _bviconiarulesustnatha.d (in the soa evil dialogue folder). As long as you're okay with having the exact same dialogue, we wouldn't need to mess with the language files. I did a quick scan of the mod and I think that's everything.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Bugreport: A lot of the crossmod doesn't work in this mod because you're EXTEND_BOTTOMing BAFs instead of the BCS files.
    edited November 2022
    @GraionDilach If you give us more specific examples than "a lot", we can investigate.

All of the crossmod content that I tested in this mod worked at the time, and on a quick scan of the setup file, I only see 3 things that are using BAFs instead of BCS. It does look like those 3 halfling NPCs need to be corrected and we'll do that on the next upload, but 3 doesn't seem like a lot. Is there something else you noticed as well?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2022
    That's still 6 BAFs, because both their SoA and ToB files are affected. But yeah, I also only found those.