Skip to content

Requested Modfile for Android 2.6.6.10

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited October 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi @Stephburn, below is a link to the requested modfile and WeiDU.log is attached.

Are you aware of the install procedure for the modfile? ie: renaming dialog.tlk inside patch.obb? If not, let me know. There are some posts that explain it but I am time shy right now. We have some visitors turning up.

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Stephburn.zip (~68MB Packed, 102MB Unpacked)

Happy Gaming
Gus
Post edited by Gusinda on

Comments

• StephburnStephburn Member Posts: 15
    Thank you gus for the mod pack. About the dialog.tlk, I just copied the files in lang.enus zip you provided and pasted into obb, replacing the original files. Is this how you do it? If I'm making a mistake, an instruction would be nice. I have tried searching about it in the internet and the solution I found from reddit was just really confusing. I mean remembering file sizes and subtracting them (wtf).

Thanks Again
    Steph
    @Gusinda naah it doesn't work. The game deletes the obb files whenever I open it. Look like some security things.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Stephburn, that method wont work as it adjusts the file size of the original .obb (which then the game will delete and download another). What you need to do is to rename dialog.tlk inside the .obb file and place lang-en_US.zip file into the root of the game game's /Files folder (next to Baldur.lua).

More details:

- Make a backup of 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb' to anywhere not in its folder (this is just a safety measure so that if it goes wrong, you don't need to redownload it). If you don't have the space then that is fine and this step can be skipped. It just means a download later of the file.

- Install 'RAR for Android' if you don't have it (free in the Google Play store). I know this one works, not sure about other compression software.
    - Open RAR and navigate to 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/'
    - Long press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb' and rename to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb.zip' (or open it directly using RAR)
    - Short press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb.zip' which should open the file allowing you to look at the contents. If it asks which program to use, then direct it to RAR.
    - navigate to '/lang/en_US/', long press on 'dialog.tlk' and rename to 'dialog.klt' (it can be anything as long as it follows the xxxxxx.xxx naming rule. I just reverse the extension so that I know what it was...)
    - let RAR save the renaming (it takes a little while but you can see when it is finished by looking at the bottom of the app window, it will revert back to the long file name). This method should not change the size of the .obb at all.
    - Back out of 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb.zip' so that you again see the whole file.
    - Rename 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb.zip' back to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb' (this is often forgotten; if the game starts to try and redownload the .obb, this is the first place to look for a fix)
    - That ends the adjustment for the .obb

- Navigate to 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/', either by RAR or your normal File Manager. Install the modfile vide previous instructions.

- Make sure that 'lang-en_US.zip' is in the root sitting beside 'Baldur.lua'

You can now exit out of the File Manager / RAR and try and start the game. Hopefully all goes well this time.

If it doesn't start, could you let me know whether it doesn't attempt to start (ie: a quick open, then close straight away without any error messages) or it comes with a message that it couldn't start. If the game tries to redownload the .obb, it means that something went wrong with renaming dialog.tlk in the .obb. If that is the case, restart the device (so that the download will cancel), delete 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb', replace it with the backup and repeat the steps above.

If you can't direct RAR to the Obb folder due to A11 -> restrictions, then with X-plore (or which ever file manager is used), copy the file to a work area (like a folder in Documents or Downloads), modify it there and copy it back (I have A12 and need to copy to work area). You need to make sure that RAR resaves the file as an uncompressed container (which it should do by default). This can be checked by comparing the file size in bytes.

Hope that all makes sense. If not, let me know and I will see if I can break it down further.

Happy gaming
    Gus
    Hey @Gusinda thanks it worked. Thanks again for the mod pack and instructions.

Happy diwali (Indian festival)
    Steph
    Hi @Gusinda I'm really sorry to ask you for your help again. I didn't wanted the tougher opponents in Ascension mod. I just wanted to experience the story. So can you please remove the tougher opponent part in Ascension mod. Or are there files that I can just delete to remove those part.

Thanks
    Steph
    edited October 2022
    Hi @Stephburn, that is a quick and easy request.

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Stephburn2.zip (~68MB Packed, 102MB Unpacked)

WeiDu.log attached.

Just delete the override folder and lang.zip and unpack the new modfile. You may need to start a new game, particularly if you have already met the tougher opponents...

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Hi @Gusinda the game just crashes when starting the game. Game was working with the last file but is not working with the current file. I have followed every instruction and restarted my mobile too. It doesn't work.
    edited October 2022
    Hi @Stephburn, sounds like the modfile itself (or the 1st modfile's lang.zip) is still in the game folder after it was extracted. If it is, please delete or move.

I will have a check of the modfile to see if there are any problems on my device.

All the best
    Gus

Edit: Added lang.zip comment
    Hi @Gusinda, I have deleted the old mod files and lang.zip. Deleting the new overrides files fixes the crash. So it's probably the mod files that's making the game crash.
    @Stephburn, yes keeping the modfile in the game's folder is a problem as it conflicts with lang.zip. The modfile itself hasn't been treated to all the game to read it. So I gather from this, everything is working fine?

Gus
    @Gusinda, sadly no. I have uninstalled and installed the game and tried installing with the mods but it just crashes again.
    Hi @Stephburn, Ok. Think I found the problem. Give this one a go... All the content is the same as the one above.

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Stephburn3.zip (~68MB Packed, 102MB Unpacked)

WeiDu.log attached.

Gus
    @Gusinda yes it works now! Thank you again for the mod pack and the help.

You are awesome
    Steph

@Stephburn, that is good news and no problems at all.

Happy Gaming
    Gus