Skip to content

Arcane Treasury Mod - new items for BG1EE+SOD, BG2EE, EET.

2»

Comments

• UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2022
    This mod contain cool items. The icons are top notch. I've got a bit of feedback:

1) I'm not an English native, but I tried to improve the English used. You can find the setup.tra here: https://easyupload.io/dr05qe

2) I'm not sure I enjoy every description. There are a few problems for me:

> For many items, you do not describe their lore, but their characteristics. Reading from the description that they can improve Saving throws or attribute is not great.

> Many descriptions are creative, while others are too similar to each other.

I know it's hard to come up with lore, but the mod would definitely benefit from the remaking of the description of certain items.
    Post edited by Ulkesh on
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2022
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    This mod contain cool items. The icons are top notch. I've got a bit of feedback:
    Hi, thanks so much for a feedback - it is really important for me.
    1)Well yes, neither i am a native speaker - unfortunately i did not have enough resources that time to invite a translator, as painting icons was already rather expensive for me: i have made design and drafts, but final images have been drawn by professional artist, and it was a commercial work, not for free. I did not want to take icons from internet - as i respect copyright and i wanted to offer unique icons. Maybe i should have invited someone from the forum to take part in translation for free. Thank you very much for updating English text - i will read it with pleasure. I hope to improve translation when i have time.
    2)About item descriptions and lore - of course, when there is a unique story behind every item it is better. It is not a problem for me to write a story - but translating it properly takes even more time. Besides, i think it is Ok if there is no unique story for a "common" magical item, for example Long sword+1 or even powerful and rare Staff of the Magi or considering this mod - Cloack of the Warlock for example. Such items may be powerful but they are not the only one in the Realms like Celestial Fury which is the only one and that is why it has the unique story in description.
    Still - thanks again, i appreciate your advises and i'll do my best in V 2.0 ;)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Great mod. Thanks! B)
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    Great mod. Thanks! B)
    Thank you! o:)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Alexander12 Great BAMs !

Part of those items are in some Bosses' inventories. Are they used by those Bosses or just in their inventories ?

For compatibility with Tweak Anthology, have you been adding your mod's items to the static item lists for the Two-Handed X components and the PnP restrictions variant of Wear Multiple Protection Items ? (if it is even neccessar)

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2022
    @Mordekaie Both of those components collect the items dynamically from the game. The compatibility issue discussed on G3 happens when an item is used as a quest item or a recipe, but neither applies here.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Mordekaie Both of those components collect the items dynamically from the game. The compatibility issue discussed on G3 happens when an item is used as a quest item or a recipe, but neither applies here.

Thank you for the precision.
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone have a link to this download?
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited August 2023
    The link is in the first post.

But if you don't know how to download on github, here is a direct link.

On github if there is no release version and you want to download it anyway, you have to use the green button "Code" then Download ZIP.
    Post edited by JohnBob on
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Awesome!! Thanks!!