Skip to content

Underrated weapons?

I think we all recognize that offhand +1 ApR weapons and mainhand stunning weapons are highly powerful. What are your favourites among the others that you think don’t get the respect they deserve?

My favourite that doesn’t get much talk is the Flail of Mae. It’s got a 5% chance to petrify that may not be affected by magic resistance. It’s great against hard hitters that don’t drop much or any loot, like remorhaz, golems, and undead.

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    The Lucky Scimitar is nice (and cheap). I use it to cast Luck on my rabbit to help it disarm traps. Makes it easier to not take a thief in my party. I find I can just use a true neutral bard with Find Familiar which is much more useful for this game, especially since the vanilla bard songs are much more kick-ass than the song in the Baldur's Gate series. Can also use it to cast Luck on my damage dealer to up their game in a tough battle...
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    The Lucky Scimitar is great! I believe the luck effect also boosts a character’s saving throws and chance to critical hit, meaning that it’s great for a melee character. If I have a dual-wielding fighter druid, the Lucky Scimitar is my main hand until I get Frostbrand, then is my offhand until I get Valiant.
  • gallon6341gallon6341 Member Posts: 1
    Good luck getting some good advice. <3
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    I also want to give a shout out to the weapons that give healing - Blood of Gloomfrost, Giving Star, and so on. These are very useful for a tank, especially under IH. Giving Star is probably the best of them for the +1 to Str as an additional secondary effect, which stacks with itself.