Skip to content

Two quick questions about dualing Yoshimo to fighter...

newguynewguy Member Posts: 31
I've never dual-classed a character, so these might be pretty simple questions....

1. When Yoshimo finally gets his thief skills back, will he be able to equip the Mercykiller ring? (It says that it is not usable by a fighter, so I just wanted to be sure.)
2. He starts with one level of proficiency in Katana. When I dual him to fighter, will he still have that...or will weapon specialization basically restart....or will he only regain his weapon skills when he regains his thief skills? Again, just want to know what I'm getting into before I start.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The Mercykiller ring is usable by thieves, cleric/thieves, fighter/thieves, mage/thieves, and fighter/mage/thieves - anyone that's at least part thief. Yes, Yoshimo will be able to use it once he completes his dual.

Yoshimo will not have katana proficiency when he starts leveling as a fighter. You'll be able to invest in it if you wish, and his proficiency level once the dual completes will be whichever's higher between his thief side and his fighter side. If you don't put any points in, he'll end up with proficiency when the dual completes. If you put in three dots, he'll end up with three dots when the dual completes.
  • newguynewguy Member Posts: 31
    Perfect.
    Thanks so much!