Skip to content

Hello! Questions about BGEE 2 modding on Android

ArieltheGuyArieltheGuy Member Posts: 3
edited October 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Hello everyone. I'm new here and wanted to get some help (please)
I would like to jump back into Baldur's, but since my PC now belongs to my son, I'm thinking in getting the "mobile" version for my Galaxy Tab A8
I have been reading the forum for a couple of days now, trying to get a hold on how to make mods work for Android devices and.... well, there is a lot of wonderful people working their @ss3s off for the community just for the sake of it, and I tip my hat to all of them.
Now, I understand that I need a files manager to get access to folders (thank you for nothing, Android 11 and 12), then I need to rename and create some folders and archives my self (I might be wrong, there's a lot of info)
So, in short: if someone is kind enough to give me a link to the right process to do it, it would be greatly appreciated!
Bear in mind tbat I DO NOT have access to a PC, I'll try to make it work on my tablet all the way around
Oh, and sorry if I'm doing this request in the wrong part of the forum. It has been a while since I navigated these waters for the last time. I'm about to turn 50 and... oh Baldur's, the things I do for your love!
Thanks in advance and have a good one out there

Comments

• AgerioAgerio Member Posts: 73
    @ArieltheGuy here's the relevant info about it. Let me know if you have any questions. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1182971/#Comment_1182971
  • ArieltheGuyArieltheGuy Member Posts: 3
    Agerio wrote: »
    @ArieltheGuy here's the relevant info about it. Let me know if you have any questions. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1182971/#Comment_1182971

Thanks for your answer, so hepful. I can make that work (guess), but after reading the info in the post you so kindly provided, I see there's something called "modfiles", making the instalation of mods really easy. Most of the modfiles here seem like dead links, so it's Just a matter of going on a hunt.
    Again, thank you a lot! If you can paste a link to a thread with some modfiles, it will be awesome, but take it easy, you helped me a great deal
  • AgerioAgerio Member Posts: 73
    Agerio wrote: »

Thanks for your answer, so hepful. I can make that work (guess), but after reading the info in the post you so kindly provided, I see there's something called "modfiles", making the instalation of mods really easy. Most of the modfiles here seem like dead links, so it's Just a matter of going on a hunt.
    Again, thank you a lot! If you can paste a link to a thread with some modfiles, it will be awesome, but take it easy, you helped me a great deal

Here's the one I found https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1190727/#Comment_1190727 also you should ask gusinda for that since he's usually the one who compiles these modfiles.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ArieltheGuy, would be happy to create a modfile if you want to go down that path. It is mostly batched so doesn't take too long.

I would need a list of the mods you would like installed (and components if any) as well as the version of the game you are playing. If you are playing the game in a language other than English, then I would also need to know that.

I am guessing from the comment above that you are using A11/A12 as your base operating system and you only want something for BG2EE.

All the best and welcome to the forum
    Gus
  • ArieltheGuyArieltheGuy Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2022
    @Agerio
    Thank you so much, for your answers and pointing me in the right direction. You know what they say about Karma! Have a good one and the best for you

@Gusinda
    I'm Just speechless with your kind offering. All the best your way too!
    After setting the obb following your tutorial, the game runs Just peachy. I found one of your files and after installing it, the game keeps going (didn't checked the mod material yet but I did it Just to see if everything works as intended)
    By now I'm in 2.5.16.6 so if you have something already compiled under that version, and you can post a link for me to download, it would be greatly appreciated. I prefer some questing, new companions and items, so again... if you already have a file with something like that, great! What you do is a lot, I wouldn't dare to ask for specifics
    Take your time, there's no rush at all. Cheers! And thank you for the welcome

EDIT: I forgot... I'm in US language
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ArieltheGuy, there are still a couple of BG2 modfiles around on the forum that are still active. You could try the following user requests:

darthnihilism
    This link for some reason keeps taking me to the bottom of the page. Just scroll up to find the link for darthnihilism (Dec 2020).

mieliedie

Stephburn

and a generic one for the trilogy...

Make sure you have a look at the WeiDU.logs to determine what is best suited for you. If nothing is found, then just give me a list of what you would like to see in the game.

Happy gaming
    Gus