Skip to content

Thief Detect Illusion not dispelling invisibility [mods]

I am playing BG EET with SCS (and other mods, full list below);

One difference from the base game I noticed is that Thief DI doesn't seem to correctly dispel invisibility. I have seen this on mages (where invisibility was a spell, and not thief stealth; or at least I assume so), but one specific example would be Resar, the Halruuan mage in BG1 Thieves' Guild.
He went invisible, I used Sandthief's ring and popped DI (I have 100 skill). Each round I would see a message pop up "Illusions dispelled.", and Resar's spell protections would briefly be visible (fraction of a second), but then disappear again. Even after 10 "successful" dispels, he remained invisible.

DI seems to work with every other illusion buff (e.g. Mirror Image), but I haven't been able to remove any form of invisibility with it so far. The only way I can get rid of invisible mobs is True Sight (and probably detect invis, but haven't tried though).

I would assume SCS is causing the difference in behaviour but I am not 100% sure. Is this intended?

Full mod list:
drizzt saga
bg1 unfinished business
Expanded Thief Stronghold
Tortured Soul Quest
every mod and dog
Cowled Menace
Trials of the Luremaster
Adalon's Blood
Tower Of Deception
Dungeon Crawl
Assassinations v16
back to brynnlaw
the sellswords
eilistrae's song
fishing for trouble
Southern Edge
Ooze's Lounge
The Tangled Oak Isle
Lucy the Wyvern
reunion
ascension
bg2 unfinished business
solaufein's rescue
skie: the cost of one girl's soul
tweaks anthology
EET Tweaks
EET End
SCS

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Definitely not intended, if it's SCS. SCS tries to play fair, and illusion detection should work against most forms of invisibility. If a thief starts invisible, that's their natural hiding ability and DI won't help. If a mage casts Invisibility, that's an illusion and DI will remove it if the thief is close enough.
  • BaelonBaelon Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the clarification!

Guess it's mod reinstalling time ;(
  • BardsSuck_BardsSuck_ Member Posts: 133
    Is 100 detect illusions enough or worth going up ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    100 in Detect Illusions is a 100% chance to remove all illusions in range. Adding more points to that would do absolutely nothing.