Skip to content

ToB stuck after Neera's Vicross quest, map is blank

I completed BG2EE and it automatically jumped me into ToB at watcher's keep. Right away it started the Neera Vicross quest so I went to the clearing, and after finishing Vicross I was teleported back. Problem is, now when I try to travel outside of the clearing, my only option is to go back to watcher's keep. Is there something I need to do to start ToB?

Comments

• SpaceHamsterSpaceHamster Member Posts: 14
    Nevermind, it turns out the map icon for the clearing and the grove were overlapped, I can click on the icon behind it if I move my mouse below it in case anyone else has this problem.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    This also sounds like a problem with a mod you're using; whatever's putting you at Watcher's Keep when you start ToB isn't taking EE material into account properly. In the standard game, the grove with the talking stone heads never even shows up on the map, and Neera's quest starts when you first manage to escape Saradush (with her in the party).
    edited January 2023
    I think I just have SCS, Unfinished Business, and Ascension. I've never played ToB so I'm not familar with the order of things. Am I going to miss content by having completed Neera's ambush quest out of the gates? I loaded a save from BG2EE before killing Irenicus and completed the game again but it jumps me immediately into the Watcher's keep map after the ending cutscene. I haven't done anything in the grove yet, and i did Watcher's Keep before finishing BG2EE.
    Sounds like this component of SCS, in the "gameplay tweaks" section: "Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB". Except that the component is supposed to stop you from going to Watcher's Keep before SoA ends?

The clearing with the giant heads is not accessible or visible on the ToB map in an unmodded game, but it has a location. And when the EE added Neera's clearing, it put that area in the same location. Which becomes a problem when a mod allows both to be active.

Checking Neera's script ... the conversation that starts her quest triggers when you're in ToB, no enemies are nearby, and you're at one of four outdoor areas (Watcher's Keep exterior, the North Forest, the Forest of Mir temple, and the Marching Mountains). Normally, you can't go to any of those places until you've dealt with Gromnir. This mod circumvents that.

Right, definitely some issues to sort out. Looks like something worth reporting over at Gibberlings 3.

As for if you're going to miss anything by completing Neera's quest early ... no, you're fine on that front. Her quest isn't connected to the ToB story, just gated by needing to be able to get out of Saradush.
    Man it's super amazing that you know all of that, that's super awesome and I'm very thankful!
    It's an open book test. I can look at the code of the mod, I can look at the game resources ... not hard to know things when you have that kind of advantage.