Skip to content

help in the aftermath of cancer

My wife was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2016. She went to be with God this past summer leaving me to raise our twin boys who were not quite two years old at the time.

Prior to my wife becoming sick, I was in the middle of my first modded BGEE game. It was only possible because of some very helpful people in the forums who patiently guided me through the modding process. I was having a blast, but stopped playing after her diagnosis and haven’t played since. But I do want to play again … from the beginning all the way through ToB using mods.

The reality of my situation is that it will likely be another three to four years before I’ll have the time and opportunity to play again. At present, my boys demand my full attention, and what little time I have that isn’t focused upon them is dedicated to exciting domestic tasks like laundry and cooking. (Being a first-time dad in your 50’s isn’t for the faint of heart.)

I’m certain that a great deal has changed over the past six years both with the game itself and with the mods, and I know that I will need help before I can create another modded game. Out of concern that the participation in the forums may drop significantly over the next few years, I am making a HUGE request for modding assistance now. Is there anyone who is willing to exchange their real-life contact information with me via private message (so that when the time comes I’ll be able to get assistance)?

I will also greatly appreciate your prayers.

Thank you.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm sorry to hear all that. <3

Take all the time you need and focus on things that are important to you.